CCWebEditor
It's at least 15 years too late, but I wanted to try out some web tech, so I wrote a CC web editor.

https://ccwebeditor.netlify.app/

Probably gonna need a fairly modern browser. I'll call it version 0.1 - it's missing some functions (undo, copy/paste), but it has a couple of fun features:
  • play mode: try out playing through the level right in the editor, rewind if you make a mistake
  • replay mode: watch public TWS solutions for the CCLP levelsets, play them forwards and backwards
Hopefully somebody finds it interesting!
Wow, sounds cool, will check it out later when I’m at the computer! You’re not too late, there’s still a very active community around Chip’s Challenge but most activity is on the Discord server, there’s a link to it here on CCZone if you aren’t already in it.
Man this is impressive and came out of nowhere, does this program sync the entire Lynx public TWS? How long did this take if I may ask because this seems like quite the undertaking.
Hi I'm A Sickly Silver Moon
and I currently develop SuperCC and work on levels from time to time

I also made the world's best CC2 tileset: Lunar
[Image: ZYZWJuE.png]
As well as a very fun CC1 tileset: CGA
[Image: RWZdY7b.png]
Thanks Ida for the Discord tip, now just need to figure out what that is Tongue

Thanks MilkyWayWishes, yeah it includes public TWS files for the Lynx CCLP sets, happily they're not big files. It's taken 2 months so far, although I already had the tileset from an old project. Definitely nowhere near as polished as the other editors and games out there, but I learned a lot. And I kind of like watching the replays with the full map in view.
(14-Jan-2021, 7:47 PM)grundy Wrote: Thanks Ida for the Discord tip, now just need to figure out what that is Tongue

Thanks MilkyWayWishes, yeah it includes public TWS files for the Lynx CCLP sets, happily they're not big files. It's taken 2 months so far, although I already had the tileset from an old project. Definitely nowhere near as polished as the other editors and games out there, but I learned a lot. And I kind of like watching the replays with the full map in view.

Oh, are you StadiaJack then, who made Will's World?

It would be cool if you joined us in the Chip's Challenge Bit Busters Discord, there's an entire channel devoted to projects like this.

I'm not very good at how Discord works but here should be a direct link: https://discord.com/invite/CfstqBeP?utm_...um=Connect
(15-Jan-2021, 8:27 AM)Ida Wrote: Oh, are you StadiaJack then, who made Will's World?

Yeah - good memory! Feels like forever ago :) Thank you for the levels you donated. I don't know if anyone played that game besides me.
(18-Jan-2021, 1:05 AM)grundy Wrote:
(15-Jan-2021, 8:27 AM)Ida Wrote: Oh, are you StadiaJack then, who made Will's World?

Yeah - good memory! Feels like forever ago :) Thank you for the levels you donated. I don't know if anyone played that game besides me.

Are you kidding me? I resisted smartphones for the longest time back then, but I finally bought an iPod touch (like an iPhone but without the telephone function) basically because of Will's World Heart . It was so cool to be able to play CC on the go Slight smile And the ability to play custom sets was great.
Later on Will's World was how I introduced CC to my kids, as I didn't have it running on any computer for several years. It was a bit sad when we could no longer download it from the App store. Now the kids can play TW or Steam on the computer (which is admittedly easier with the controls) but they still ask about Will's World every now and then. My 8-year-old plays RodentRush on her iPad but it's not the same.
Then it was totally worth doing that program! I just wanted to be able to play CC on the go too. Sometimes I still do, I was sad when I realized I couldn't keep us with iOS updates. Thank you also for this great story, I love how you're passing it along to the next generation. CC is truly a timeless classic.