Need Help with CC2LP1
I'm stuck on lvl 118: Phantoms and need some help. I got all the way to the end with all the chips, got the ice skates; I need the fire boots and the flippers to get to the exit. I can cycle between fire boots/flippers/skates/hiking boots/foil with the ghost up there but I can only hold 2 items. The problem is I need 3 boots; fire boots/flippers/skates (or fire boots/flippers/hiking boots if I wanted to go out of my way to change to Melinda for some reason) to reach the exit. I have reasoned out all of my moves and they all seem necessary and the level seems impossible. So I'm missing something big. Can anyone give me a hint without giving me the answer?

Thanks,
~Bowman
Here's my hint:
[Click to Show Content]
I think i know what you're missing, though it's not easy to tell from your description.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
(04-Nov-2020, 4:31 PM)random 8 Wrote: Here's my hint:
[Click to Show Content]
I think i know what you're missing, though it's not easy to tell from your description.
Hmm... Well I hadn't known that a ghost with fire boots actually erases fire, but that was shown in an earlier level in the set. So I guess I'm not surprised that there is yet another mechanic I've never heard of. I do wish there was some hint in the level if that's the case...
Ok, thanks random 8. I figured it out thanks to your hint. I was missing that I needed to drop the hiking boots for the ghost to pick up so he could remove the dirt, which actually makes more sense than a ghost with fire boots erasing fire. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try that. Still I was surprised how much progress I was able to make without knowing that. No wonder I was so confused.