IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
I have made a lot of progress in Ultimate Chip 3 since my last feedback, and here is some more:

31: It is all right. I had a certain amount of trouble at the end and I was a little frustrated, but it was all right.

32: A simple level, but still fun.

34: I find the level itself ordinary. However, I was completely stuck when it came to identifying the password.

35: A nice dodging level. The hint is a fun bonus.

36: Simple and ordinary.

37: I guess that can be your style. The level itself was all right.

38: Not the best variety level, but still enjoyable.

39: A really creative and unusual level!

40: It looks good. Playing it is all right.

41: It is possible to reach the exit between the teleports. I don't know if this is intentional or a bust?

43: Another fun variety level. That walker really was awesome.

44: I really don't like digging levels like this, so I didn't like it. Sorry.

46: The idea of putting hints in other levels is good, but I don't think this level will work as intented. Most players will probably end up looking in the editor without bothering to solve the puzzles.

47: Yes, I think you should not put them in the order in which they are designed. But I don't think this one is too hard for such an early level.

48: Simple and hard, if you want the bold.

49: This level, however, I find it hard. The puzzle was rather challenging, and I found it ordinary.

52: I like the walker room too because I hate walkers and I love to see them blow up pointlessly. My favorite is the sokoban.

53: Ordinary and fun.

54: I prefer this one to Puzzle Box.

55: I once had a dream in which JB told me to help his wife get the role of Melinda in a film adaptation of CCLP1. As for the level, I'm afraid it is not very good: the blue walls and small number of keys mean that the entire level is based on guesswork, with no hints to tell Chip which locks to open...

56: I would love to see this in CCLP4.

57: I like it. The only possible improvement I could suggest would be a hint saying that all blocks have a chip underneath.

58: I really like that bust. I think it involves using the block cloner to bridge a path to the exit? In fact, I prefer it to the intended solution.

59: I like this level, and the fact that there is no particular structure in the paths. However, I don't like that ball and teleport room. I don't know why.

60: Thanks for putting the insect room at the start. And thanks for skipping the odd-step even-step chip snatches.

61: This level is so unusual. The title is entirely appropriate.

62: My favorite part is the tank line. And why did I spend five minutes trying to partial post?

63: A really fun concept. For some reason it took me forever to figure out the final room.

65: Reminds me of The Lake in Winter, only much better.

66: I find it ordinary. And why the invisible walls to prevent the teeth from moving? They wouldn't move anyway.

67: It took me a while to get those fireballs to work. The rest is ordinary, just like you said in the CCX file.

68: Another prime candidate for CCLP4.

69: I'm sorry, I don't like it. I am terrible when it comes to fast boosting.

70: One way to solve it is to build a long bridge and blow up the bomb manually. The second one is to redirect the gliders. The third one is maybe to use the crawlers? I don't know, but either way, this reminds me of Island Hopping in CCLP2.

71: It's fun. The title is probably inspired by Cloner's Maze?

72: For some reason, I kept pushing the block right at the start of the level, cooking it. Apart from that, the level is rather enjoyable.

73: The level itself is all right. I especially like the use of toggle walls, which made me think that they would be opened at some point. However, I found the time limit annoying.

74: I know it's been done many times, but I generally love these levels if they don't have too many monsters. The tank section was really great.

75: I'm really sorry, but this is my least favorite level so far. I spent fifteen minutes to make it past that walker, only to cook the level by forgetting to pick up the green key, as there was no such path on that side of the teleport in the original. I spent a while angry after playing this level.

76: I would have prefered the level with just one walker, but then, I am biased against walkers. Apart from that, I really liked it. There precise boosting at the original led me to think that it would be that way fo the entire level, but I was relieved to find out it was the only one.

77: It's easier than it looks. I ended up using two blocks to trap the first fireball, I spent five minutes trying to figure out the solution of the second room, thinking the fire tiles were the solution (without realising that only one block needed to be pushed). I tried to trap the next fireball on one ice tile (that was stupid on my part). I like the level, it is a fun puzzle.

78: The only thing I don't like about this level is that ice and water tiles looks similar in the MSCC tileset. But I should blame that on Microsoft instead.

79: I don't find the glider section at the start mean. The crawler section isn't mean, but I think it should have been earlier in the level.

80: It took me a while to get the large monster section to work, but I like it. However, I don't think it fits with the rest of the level.

I will try out UC4 this weekend.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.

Messages In This Thread
IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: IHNN1, for CC2!) - by chipster1059 - 09-Jan-2015, 6:05 PM