Motekopasznyaku's CC2 Set Feedback Thread
I've beat about half of these levels. This set is insanely difficult, but very well constructed and obviously took many hours of creative effort. I agree with quiznos00 about the admirable ambition of the set. Levels 11-16 are simply beyond my reach for the time being. They remind me of a couple of 40x40 levels by Bill Darrah (author of PAIN, CAKEWALK, DOUBLEMAZE among others) that were submitted for inclusion in the official CC2 set. They were clearly the work of a genius, but would outwear the patience of any but the most dedicated players. (Some of the very last CCLP3 levels fall into this category as well). So, my single biggest bit of feedback is to find a way to scale back the difficulty while retaining the ingenuity of concepts. Definitely thanks for uploading, I had fun with this set.

(The levels I beat are rated in four categories on a scale of 1 to 5. C = how much I like the concept, D = how difficult it was to figure out the puzzle element, E = how difficult it was to execute the solution (action), F = how much fun I had in the process. Levels I did not beat remain unrated.)

01 MAGMA BOX
Awesome monster dodger. I thought it was really tough when I was focused on the fireballs individually, but much easier when I thought of it as a moving box to dodge. Great job with the buttons & swivel doors. CDEF 5234

02 BLOB BLOCK
Such a clever idea!! Once I figured out what was required it was pretty easy. CDEF 5324

03 KEY DRAWER
I always get nervous when I see a map full of keys. This was easier than I was afraid it would be. I was a little upset when I got to the chip socket the first time and had too many keys, but if I’d been paying attention I would have noticed earlier. Definitely a decent level although I can’t say I really had a strategy. CDEF 3323

04 FRIENDS
Not bad for an UNDERGROUND type level. Aesthetics are nice, and having to plan a route for Melinda is pretty cool too. CDEF 3243

05 FILLER
Interesting idea for sure. I got frustrated and didn’t beat it. I won’t rate it but I’d be interested to know if there’s a strategy to it.

06 TRIPLE LOCKED

Didn't beat, but it seems very accessible and fair. I love the idea and plan to come back to it with pencil and paper to figure out a working plan.

07 COMPACT
It certainly is! And a really great yellow teleport puzzle in its own right. Really enjoyed figuring this out. (SPOILER) I’d like to come back to this one and find a way to press the blue button with the glider; as it is I used the block to bridge to the button. CDEF 4425

08 BLINDNESS
What a great, creative work of engineering! This must have taken a while to design. It was such a cool moment when I realized what was going on. Only downside: after looking in the editor I really don’t think the blue keys or the red button are good ideas. The concept stands on its own in my opinion, no reason to add confusing sound effects. CDEF 5325

09 STICKY KEYS
Oh man, I’m gonna have to pass on this one for now. Key mazes stress me out Slight smile

10 ARTS, CHARTS, CHARTS
Really fun with lots of variety. I love the choose-your-own-adventure theme where you can skip rooms that are too difficult or that take too long. CDEF 4234

11 BLOB BLOCK II
Ahh! Rage quit on this one. It’s a little too much for me.

12 LINEAR ACCESS
I couldn’t even start this level. I can get the blue key every 10th try or so but I can’t get past the flamethrower/toggle wall on the left.

13 PORCUPINE
Again, can’t even get a start on this. Reminds me of Flip Flop but 10x as difficult. Might be fun to play with armor but just painfully frustrating as is.

14 MEMORY MACHINE
So, clearly a colossal feat of engineering. The concept is incredible, but I think the level is far, far too difficult in its current state. Problem #1 is that it’s not always clear in advance which tools you need to bring past each thief. Problem #2 is that many of the item puzzles require split second timing, which is a tough sell on a level this long. Problem #3 is that the first room is too big in my opinion. It's frustrating to have to restart the level umpteen times and do all that running around/dropping tools on every play.

15 LAYERED DISPLACEMENT
Another bit of engineering artwork that seems phenomenally difficult to figure out. I suppose if you drew a full-size map. I think this would be an excellent, difficult level to play if you could see the whole map. With the narrow viewing window of CC2 I don't think it's very playable though.

16 TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH
Completely cryptic. Not even an idea on where to begin. Even with the editor open and reading all the hints I don’t know how to decode this.
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.

Messages In This Thread
Motekopasznyaku's CC2 Set Feedback Thread - by Joshua Bone - 17-Jul-2015, 4:35 PM