Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
Thanks for the reviews, guys!

On 30 BUTTON SMASHER I could up the time limit. I agree the concept might fit a smaller level better, however I am also tied to the Walls. I'll think about it.

I'll take another look at 31 PRETZEL I don't like guessing games either, I made this one in a hurry and thought it was more of a puzzle than that.

I might be able to move the buttons on 33 FIGHTING FIRE WITH ICE.

On 36 SLIDESHOW SIDESHOW, yeah, that's the intended solution. I gotta make some of the puzzles easy Wink .

038 DOUBLE E FINAL - I hear you on room 2. I did feel like adding the 2 blue keys helped with that though. I'm pretty sure you can't break room 8, I just tried. The top left button cycles the main circuit through 4 different phases. Just press each of the other 4 buttons when they match the phase, if that makes sense. Mobius- yeah, I might up the time limit to 800 or 900.

041 DOWNRIVER PUSH - This was one of those "I wonder if this works" concepts. I beat it with one bowling ball and a few extra blocks left, and I think there are several strategies that work. As far as I can tell, only the chips at lower right are impossible to collect without a bowling ball, but some of the other rooms require very long approaches without that extra help.

045 FOOTRACE THROUGH FIRE SWAMP

Very strange! I just downloaded the set from cczone and everything looked normal Raised eyebrow

047 DAY TRADER ON ICE

I set the time limit based off being able to get all the bonuses (basically one victory lap), plus a couple seconds. I want it to be a tight time limit, but I will consider adding 5 seconds.

051 WALKING ON EGGSHELLS

Dang! Totally busted Slight frown

Mobius: 005 THIN BLUE LINE does rely on a non-intuitive trick. If you cover up a wire with another element (water, fire, ice), the wire is buried but not destroyed. Hope this helps Thumbs up

Thank you for the feedback!
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by Joshua Bone - 24-Feb-2016, 7:41 PM