Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
Walls of CC 1.3.0 is released!

Change Log:
  • Removed bonus from Level 22 EVER PASSING MOMENT
  • Remade Level 31 PRETZEL so chips don't hide information
  • Fixed major bust in Level 51 WALKING ON EGGSHELLS

Added Levels:

Replaced Level 23 with PERFECT SAFETY RECORD (walls of BLOBNET). Fairly easy, use the blocks to keep the teeth away.

44 NEW YORK FASHION SHOW (walls of REFRACTION). This is the evil twin of BUTTON SMASHER. Sorry if it's maddening.

52 UPTOWN DECISIONS (walls of THE LAST LAUGH). Pretty proud of the puzzles in this one.

53 DISTURBING THE PEACE (walls of TRAFFIC COP). The blocks become very deadly once set in motion. Planning ahead is very important here!

54 RULE OF TINCTURE (walls of GRAIL). Fun puzzle level. I wonder if the optimized solution will involve skipping the eyeball and running blind through the canopies.

55 OBFUSCATED AND INTERRED (walls of POTPOURRI). No hidden information in this level, however it represents everything I've got as far as hard puzzles go. Intended for placement near the end of the set along with TELEBLAST and GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY.

56 UNDERSTUDY (walls of DEEPFREEZE). Spiritual sequel to DISCIPLE. I'm really proud of the design.

57 GREEN INVERSIONS (walls of STRANGE MAZE). Simple level, didn't know what else to do with the maze walls...

58 DOWNTOWN HESITATION (walls of LOOP AROUND). A few discrete puzzles separated by some zippy walkers.

59 PART AND PARCEL (walls of HIDDEN DANGER). Straightforward puzzles but a really tricky bonus.

60 SEPTIMAL MINOR (walls of SCOUNDREL). Some easy puzzles with a VANISHING ACT type maze up top.

62 I MOVE YOU MOVE (walls of SLO MO). SLO MO was a really difficult level to convert 'faithfully'. I tried a few different versions out and think this one is playable.

63 SLIMEYARD (walls of BLOCK FACTORY). More of a casual filler level.

64 PHOENIXVILLE PENNSYLVANIA (walls of SPOOKS). Again paying tribute to the design of the original. Blobs are deterministic. I like the gameplay concept.

65 CENTRAAL STATION (walls of AMSTERDAM). A full size railroad maze.

66 BEFORE MY VERY EYES (walls of 67 CHIPMINE). Similar to my 40x40 level OPTIMAZE. Choosing a good early route can significantly shorten the rest of the level.

67 MULTICHIP (walls of 85 TELENET). People on the Skype group have probably seen this exploitation of one of the weirdest bugs in CC2. Time limit is extremely short to encourage alternative chip-collection techniques (although I may up the time limit a bit if people think I need to).

Thanks for playing! I appreciate positive feedback as well as constructive criticism.
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.

Messages In This Thread
Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy - by Joshua Bone - 06-Mar-2017, 6:26 PM