IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
I hate to double post, but there have been no posts in over a month...

Here is some feedback on the rest of UC3:

81: I think this is a good level. The bugs are really nice. The time limit imposed by the fireball is not a problem and I like this concept.

82: I find this to be all right. It hasn't got anything special. The hint feels a little pointless as a button just under a block that doesn't move seems suspicious.

83: I think it is annoying, considering that there is no pattern. Or maybe there is one?

84: This is a fascinating concept. It is possible to burn the glider in MS, but that's not a major problem. The blobs are a nice addition.

85: Slightly easier in MS due to boosting, but still a really great level. The random force floors are a really good way to fill the level.

86: It's simple, but not too easy due to walkers.

87: The thieves are unfortunately not blue in TW, but that doesn't change the way the level plays. Despite being entirely blue, it wasn't a problem for my eyes and it was fun.

88: I remember it from the competition. The first part took me a while to figure out, and it is a challenge, and the rest was not that hard. I like it.

89: I pretty much agree with Josh's comments for the competition. Sorry.

90: I didn't solve it yet.

91: My favorite part is the ice and force floor room. A fascinating concept.

92: I would love to see this in CCLP4.

93: The teeth part felt rather hard. I would have preferred it at the start of the level. Apart from that, I liked it.

94: It was fun. I prefer the teeth room. Those balls were not a problem due to the four possible tries.

95: It's harder than it looks. I liked it, but it's nothing special.

96: Another level I would like to see this in CCLP4.

97: I like the sokoban. The teleports are an interesting way to handle the blocks.

98: I like it, but it's nothing special.

99: I prefer the original. This one feels a little annoying due to the walls sometimes toggling at the worst possible moment.

100: There are not enough walkers to make this level painful. The tank concepts are interesting.

101: I didn't solve it yet. The first room is very hard, but thanks for putting it at the start.

102: Three of the four rooms are all right. The teeth room is very hard very late in the level, especially with invisible walls. Sorry.

103: This level title has been done more times that I can remember. The worst one I played is, in my opinion, the CCLP2 version. This one is all right.

104: I like the fact that there are a few tiles which make it easier to spot the invisible walls.

105: A rather simple level. I like it.

106: An interesting type of puzzle that should be done more often.

107: I found this to be very hard, even with boosting. Also many force floor levels have been done and this one doesn't seem to have anything special. Sorry.

108: I found it to be fun. The pink balls were the hardest part of the level, but not a problem.

109: I would love to see this in CCLP4.

110: A rather confusing level, but not frustrating. It was fun.

CCLP1 Abridged: Overall I like this idea and I prefer this series to Tyler's CC1 Abridged. Most of the levels were well represented and I don't mind the fact that it takes ten levels to go through the whole set. There are a few minor annoyances, but no big problems.

121: I didn't solve it yet. I keep dying at the top right room.

122: This reminds me of Frozen Birdbath and I prefer it.

123: I think this is good enough for CCLP4.

124: Such a fascinating way to exit. I like it.

125: This is one of the rare sliding levels were boosting is pretty much useless. This is great.

126: This is a good level. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, but that's not a problem. The mechanism to release the fireballs is, in my opinion, better than just a release after a predetermined amount of time.

127: The time limit is rather short, but still enough to complete the level without optimizing. The last part is fun.

128: It's nothing special, but it was fun to play.

129: The first four rooms were ordinary. The fifth one was unusual. The last one uses a really interesting concept.

130: The complex mechanisms are nice.

131: The teeth room is all right, unlike the one in 102. The last red key is an interesting idea. The rest was all right.

132: I generally don't like levels with lots of invisible or hidden walls, especially when they involve dodging. Sorry.

133: It doesn't feel like a complete level. It feels like there is something missing, but I don't know what that would be...

134: The mazes feels a little ordinary. Those monster rooms are nice especially since there is no need to dodge walkers!

135: The hardest level I solved in this set. It didn't take me three hours, but it still took me a long time.

136: A very fun level. Thanks for putting extra blocks!

137: I didn't solve it yet.

138: It is a very fun level. But is it actually possible to read the hint? Also, I love the "cruel" ending part.

139: "lots of tricky boosting"? I didn't find anything hard, but then I don't optimize.

140: The concept has been done a few times, but I still like it. It is fun.

141: This seems rather easy for such a late level. Apart from that, I have nothing to say.

142: Not solved yet.

143: The concept is interesting. The cube seems a little large, but it's still all right.

144: A very good sokoban, one of the best in the set.

145: The concept is interesting, but it gave me a headache. Sorry.

146: A surprisingly hard level. It was fun.

147: There should be more open levels like this. But this doesn't deserve the 147 slot. This is way too easy.

148: I generally don't like digging paths for monsters, but this one is all right.

149: Not solved yet.

I hope to leave feedback on UC4 soon.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.

Messages In This Thread
IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: IHNN1, for CC2!) - by chipster1059 - 13-Feb-2015, 10:44 PM