IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
Here is some feedback on Ultimate Chip 4:

1: Not very challenging, but the way to exit is creative.

2: This is an ordinary level. I appreciate the fact that it doesn't fill the entire map.

3: This level is much easier than it looks. That Pi<sup>2</sup> in the corner is nice.

4: Small and fun level.

5: The various rooms fit perfectly. I like it.

6: I found it rather confusing, but with levels that are completely different in both rulesets, this always happens. The partial posting with the explosion is nice.

7: I like levels where there are various challenges without many walls to seperate them.

8: The gameplay is ordinary, but the level looks great.

9: No, I'm sure the hint cannot be read. The rest of the level is all right.

10: Why do you give a password in the hint? The pattern of thin walls and ice is creative.

11: This is a very interesting concept. The pattern of exits looks nice.

12: The level is fun. The blue key is a nice addition.

13: It is slightly harder than it looks at first sight, but once the safe spots have been discovered, it's rather easy.

14: Better than Deconstruction.

15: My favorite part is the last one. Really interesting.

16: This reminds me a little of Exhibit Hall, especially since it is required to move a block from one painting to another. I like it.

17: No. I'm sorry, I don't like it much. I appreciate the fact that you put gravel to prevent Chip from pushing against an invisible walls for a long time.

18: The thin wall part is ordinary. The rest is unusual and interesting.

19: This reminds me of an ice block level you made for a Create Competition. I prefer the ice block version.

20: I would have preferred it with a shorter time limit to make it more challenging. I still like it, however.

21: I think it's better than most of Ultimate Chip (1).dat.

22: The blobs are not cloned fast enough to make it painful. The fireball part reminds me of Glider and Fire. And why the bug?

23: A fascinating idea. It is much more creative than just toggle walls. I like the fact that the level remains solvable after the balls have cloned.

24: For some reason, it took me a while to find out I needed to avoid the red keys. The level is still fun, however.

25: I didn't solve it yet. The first part feels very hard for such an early level, especially since there doesn't seem to be any pattern. I failed the second part each time I made it there because I didn't have enough time left.

26: I really like this concept of items that do more harm than good.

27: The level itself is ordinary, but the bugs and the complex mechanism for the fireballs really add to it.

28: I think it's easier than it looks, but fun.

29: Perhaps my favorite level so far.

30: It is a very rigid level, but different from most of the others, so I like it.

31: My favorite part is the tank part. The rest is all right.

32: I like the fact that Chip can play the rooms in any particular order.

33: This looks great and...blue. I especially like the use of walkers.

34: One of the most creative cypher levels ever.

35: The title is hilarious. The level is fun.

36: After playing this level, I had a headache. Sorry.

37: An interesting concept.

38: This level was slightly frustrating due to the quick timing that is sometimes required, but apart from that it was all right.

39: Really fascinating. I solved it by working my way from the exit to the fire boots.

40: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

41: An ordinary level.

42: An interesting twist on this old concept.

43: Another level I would like to see in CCLP4.

44: I prefer the previous level. This one feels very different.

45: The way to exit is nice. The rest is also enjoyable.

46: A nice way to put two mazes in one.

47: An interesting way to build an itemswapper.

48: It's slightly harder than it looks, but I like it.

49: I haven't played the original, but this one is great.

50: It feels different from many other levels. I like the fact that no precise timing is required on the force floor slide.

51: This level could have been good, but it was ruined by slide delay. Sorry.

52: A fun level.

53: This feels a little like Deserted Battlefield. The wall feels a little out of place, but replacing it with a block cloner would be a little mean.

54: A really fun level. I had no problem with the blob part, although I appreciate the hint.

55: An ordinary level. The hint is really nice.

56: A really creative level. The various steps to solve it are fun.

57: The title is extremely appropriate. The only problem I have is the teeth getting stuck in the teleport, rendering the level unsolvable.

58: A really creative way to build a simple maze.

59: The various rooms are fun. The ice paths are well built.

60: A really unusual block pushing level. It was fun and not tedious at all.

61: A really simple level. I don't really understand why it was made. Sorry.

62: A few very simple mazes. It was all right.

63: Do you have any plans to publicly release this other game? As for this level, it is really creative.

64: The layout of the level makes it slightly confusing. But that's what makes it different.

65: It took me forever to solve the first room, becuase I was searching for a complex solution when it was really easy. The sokoban is all right, but I have seen some better ones in UC3 and earlier in this set.

66: The title is funny. The level is fun to play, An interesting challenge would have been to add the green key later on, but the level is still fun.

67: I was completely stuck until I found the solution on the other side of the teleport. Really creative.

68: It's amazing how fun and challenging such a small level can be. I really like it.

69: The teeth part feels rather ordinary. The force floor part is slightly harder in Lynx due to lack of boosting. Essentially, this level doesn't feel special.

70. The red key and the tank are not required. Is this intentional or a bust? Still, this level is nice.

71: I really like it when some parts of the level can only be achieved when specifically looking for them. The sokobans are not very hard, but that's not a problem.

72: It's interesting. I prefer the ball part, which reminds me of a level in CCLP1. I prefer this version.

73: The various rooms fit perfectly together.

74: I think it's harder than it looks due to the way the insects are spinning. But it's still interesting.

75: The hint explains everything that needs to be known. The level is fun. Is the force floor Pi intentional?

I will leave some feedback on the other half of the set once I will have solved more levels.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.

Messages In This Thread
IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: IHNN1, for CC2!) - by chipster1059 - 03-Mar-2015, 10:27 PM