Pairing Buttons With Clone Machines
I'm finding that in the official CC2 editor I cannot determine the logic with how traps/clone machines/flame jets are paired with buttons. Can someone point me in the right direction as this editor is a lot less intuitive than ChipEdit for CC1.
By default, traps and clone machines are paired in reading order; for flame jets it's more complicated.

However, you can create custom links with pink buttons instead. You'll have to use the wire tool to draw a wire from the buttom to the trap/cloner/flame jet.

You might also want to check out CCCreator, an alternate CC2 editor that many have found to be easier to use than the official one: https://cccreator.bitbusters.club/
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
This is great, thankyou!
Orange buttons connect to the nearest flame jet in terms of Manhattan/taxicab distance (minimum number of squares you'd have to walk through to reach the flame jet from the button without teleports, ice, etc.). If multiple flame jets are the same distance away, the search starts with the right-most square, then goes counterclockwise.

However, there is a glitch where orange buttons won't connect to flame jets that are "too far away": see this report.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:On 10/24/2019 at 4:59 AM, chipster1059 said:

By default, traps and clone machines are paired in reading order; for flame jets it's more complicated.

However, you can create custom links with pink buttons instead. You'll have to use the wire tool to draw a wire from the buttom to the trap/cloner/flame jet.

You might also want to check out CCCreator, an alternate CC2 editor that many have found to be easier to use than the official one: https://cccreator.bitbusters.club/

I'm using CCCreator now, however I can't seem to properly open any levels I save within the creator (they are .c2m files same as the files I saved using the inbuilt editor). Do you know a way around this?
Quote:7 hours ago, JumpingSwarm said:

I'm using CCCreator now, however I can't seem to properly open any levels I save within the creator (they are .c2m files same as the files I saved using the inbuilt editor). Do you know a way around this?

In order for levels edited in CCCreator to be playable in-game, you have to File > Export them, as "CC2 Level".
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.