Eighteen years - it's been a good run.
Well, I never would have thought I'd ever be making this post, but here it is...I have made the difficult decision to begin the process of shutting down my website.

Over the last few years I had already begun to explain my diminished presence in the CC world as due to real life, and there were moments here and there where I did manage to carve out time for certain projects (level set page changes, playing through CC2/CCLP1, designing a few new levels). But they were few and far between, and I was always just assuming that "down the road" things would slow down and I would get into a routine where I could make "real life" and "CC life" coexist.

But here we are, a few years later, and I find myself with a full-time job, a wife, a house to take care of, changing interests and priorities, and it is just seeming less and less likely that I can make that happen. Even when I do find myself with some CC time, I feel oddly divided. On the one hand, I feel like it is never enough - I get a chunk of time to solve two CCLP4 levels and wish I had more time to better optimize my scores or to continue playing. On the other hand, after playing I see household chores piling up that I should have been taking care of, and feel guilty that I even took the time that I did to play CC. Either way I look at it results in an unsatisfying feeling.

I'm not at all saying it's not fun anymore - it is - and this is not a goodbye post. Slight smile However, I might be less active than before and will not be able to keep on maintaining my site any longer.

I am open to a bankruptcy buyout Tongue if anyone would like to keep certain aspects of my site going, especially:

- the Tile World 2 homepage

- the Chip's Challenge Creator homepage

- the level set pages

and if someone really desires:

- the AVI archives

- MikeL2/3/4 scoreboards

- the page with the latest 64-bit CC options

- my listings of links

Whoever would like to take over hosting any of these pages, I will send them (and the database) to you to officially become "yours". Slight smile (For Chip's Controls I plan on re-uploading the latest version here with all the HTML pages included.)

Hope everyone is doing well - thanks for reading, and now back to your regularly scheduled Chipping.

Mike Lask
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Thanks for the long-time contribution of this site to the community. I've always appreciated the lists of links and levels in particular. Slight smile

Regarding Tile World 2 and Chip's Challenge Creator, it has already been suggested in Discord that they be moved to Tyler's site, where people have been consolidating a bunch of other CC resources. I'm OK with moving CCCreator, and will start looking to do so now that I've heard this news. Should the TW2 authors be contacted about moving that sub-site? I'm not sure who officially owns it at this point.
Thanks for the work you've done over the years! There indeed has been discussion in the Discord about consolidation of some sites, and Cowman_113 (not on CCZone) and I have started work at https://bitbusters.club/. I'm definitely interested in the custom sets page and any static page that's informational (so list of links, program landing pages, 64 bit CC page). I will send you a message
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Your website was the one that I found that brought me into the community. I really wish that I could help keep the websites active, but I'm in a similar boat. Hope to see you floating in and out.

Edit: I think yours were the first custom levels I played too. Thank you for being a bridge for so many years.
RELEASED:
2007-2011: The Last Few Chips Volume I: 400 CC1 levels. Plot | Playlist —coming soon eventually.
2009-present: The Last Few Chips Volume II: Quasar Industries: 143/157 WebCC levels. Playlist
IN DEVELOPMENT: The Last Few Chips Volume III: 13/450 levels.
Thanks for maintaining your website! Your website was one of the first websites that I bumped into when looking for CC resources a long time ago.
One by one, the old CC community sites have been shutting down.

It's understandable, but regrettable. The end of an era, in a sense. Slight frown
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
It is regrettable, but I'm heartened that, wherever the community meets online, we're still going strong!

Or in other words: it's not the end of Chip's Challenge. Slight smile
How about make an archive of the website (at least the static content, maybe also the latest dynamic content along with the scripts to process them) and put it in a torrent?
Quote:10 minutes ago, NiHaoMike said:

How about make an archive of the website (at least the static content, maybe also the latest dynamic content along with the scripts to process them) and put it in a torrent?

Most of the contents of the website are being moved to https://bitbusters.club/. For the rest of the content, they can still be accessible with the Wayback Machine.