Silent Tile World 2
Hello.

I'm having an issue with Tile World 2. The sounds aren't working, none of them.

I noticed it suddenly one day. Adjusting the volume doesn't matter and my speakers/headphones work.

The sound files are in their place ("res" folder).

Anyone know how I can fix it?
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
If the sound files are indeed in place, the next thing to verify is the configuration file. In the "res" folder, open the file "rc" (right-click and open with Notepad). It should contain a number of lines like:

Code:
LevelCompleteSound=tada.wav

There should be one for each sound effect. If not, the configuration file may have become corrupted.

Also, just to be sure, when you say "adjusting the volume" you're talking about the in-game volume (controlled with V and Shift+V)?
Quote:5 hours ago, The Architect said:

If the sound files are indeed in place, the next thing to verify is the configuration file. In the "res" folder, open the file "rc" (right-click and open with Notepad). It should contain a number of lines like:

Code:
LevelCompleteSound=tada.wav

Also, just to be sure, when you say "adjusting the volume" you're talking about the in-game volume (controlled with V and Shift+V)?

I was referring to my computer's basic volume adjuster, the one on the tray. To be honest, I didn't even know Tile World 2 had a function to adjust it's volume individually, but this volume control was on 10, so that wasn't the case.

Anyways, everything in the rc file didn't seem wrong.

What I ended up doing is downloading Tile Word 2 again, as an added bonus, I got a slightly newer version, and the sound works just fine this time. Now I just got to transfer the score files and all that good stuff, and then I'll probably get rid of that copy of tworld itself.

Hopefully this doesn't happen anymore, and if it does, this topic is here.
Glider

Not sure what the problem might have been, then, but glad you got past it. Slight smile
I opened this topic expecting a download of a modified version of Tile World where sounds were permanently disabled.
I don't have much modding ability but I guess my Tile World 2 file counts as this.
Glider

Quote:14 hours ago, M11k4 said:

I opened this topic expecting a download of a modified version of Tile World where sounds were permanently disabled.

This can be done by deleting the sound files, like I did long ago.

When I saw the thread name, I thought it was about a way to disable that annoying command prompt always open in the background. (This used to be the case back in 2.0 and 2.1, IDK if it has been fixed since)
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.