CCLP4 Leaks
Yes, Madhav, 10 of 10 leaks have been viewed on the CCLP4 site...however, it looks as though only nine of them have made their way to CCZone. Hmm...

All leaks shared above are correct. To recap, here's what you all have shared so far:

1) The lowest time limit is 60 and the highest time limit is 999. 2 of the 3 levels with a 999 time limit are by the same designer.

2) Two community-nominated levels will appear in the final set.

3) The highest and second highest rated level for "fun" in CCLP4 voting were ranked 152nd and 588th in CCLP1 voting, respectively.

4) Two levels are in the same slot as the level their walls were originally from.

5) Nine of the twenty eight levels showcased in the first podcast did not make it into CCLP4. Four of the levels in the second podcast did make it.

6) The 131, 144, 147, and 149 spots are held by four different CCLP4 staff members.

7) The most consecutive levels by the same designer is 3. This occurs four times in the set, covering three different designers.

8) The highest fun rating not included in CCLP4 was 4.35. The lowest fun rating included was 3.33.

9) Thirty-six levels do not contain blocks. Three additional levels use blocks only for aesthetic purposes.

Please check again, everyone who hasn't posted yet, and see if you have the missing leak; you'll know it when you see it. Encourage your friends to check for it, too!
Even though I posted already one, here the final leak Slight smile

The missing one: Four levels have been significantly renamed. The new titles are Inferno Dynamics, Detonation Station, Ruinous Plaza, and Blockpick.
That is it! Congratulations! Thank you to everyone who participated.

1) The lowest time limit is 60 and the highest time limit is 999. 2 of the 3 levels with a 999 time limit are by the same designer.

2) Two community-nominated levels will appear in the final set.

3) The highest and second highest rated level for "fun" in CCLP4 voting were ranked 152nd and 588th in CCLP1 voting, respectively.

4) Two levels are in the same slot as the level their walls were originally from.

5) Nine of the twenty eight levels showcased in the first podcast did not make it into CCLP4. Four of the levels in the second podcast did make it.

6) The 131, 144, 147, and 149 spots are held by four different CCLP4 staff members.

7) The most consecutive levels by the same designer is 3. This occurs four times in the set, covering three different designers.

8) The highest fun rating not included in CCLP4 was 4.35. The lowest fun rating included was 3.33.

9) Thirty-six levels do not contain blocks. Three additional levels use blocks only for aesthetic purposes.

10) Four levels have been significantly renamed. The new titles are Inferno Dynamics, Detonation Station, Ruinous Plaza, and Blockpick.

Feel free to speculate on these clues, and stay tuned for additional updates in the near future...
More guessing:

Four levels have been significantly renamed. The new titles are Inferno Dynamics, Detonation Station, Ruinous Plaza, and Blockpick.

I think Blockpick is Block and Key (Waffle #2), since the name fits the level and the old name was used in CCLP3.

Detonation Station could be How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, since the name is long (10 chars longer than the longest level name from an official set).

I don't have good guesses for the others yet, but some levels that would need to change names include The Caves (essentially the same name as a CCLP3 level), Dual (if both levels with this name got in), Garbage Chute (if both got in), Construct-a-Sokoban (if both got in) and Four Corners (if at least 2 of the 3 levels with this name got in) (and I probably missed other duplicate names).

Do we have to get all 10 clues right to get to the next stage? Tongue
Quote:Detonation Station could be How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, since the name is long

If that is indeed the case it might be a better idea to truncate the original title to something like "How I Learned to ... Love the Bomb". "Detonation Station" makes for a less memorable title, IMO.

- Madhav.
https://youtu.be/j1igMfmuZd4

From the depths of the Bit Busters' clubhouse, Chip has recorded a message to tell us something about what we will find within CCLP4. What could it signify? It's up to you to find out!

(Disclaimer: This video doesn't mean that CCLP4 will be a CC2 set. Rest assured, CCLP4 will be a CC1/Tile World level set, just like all the levels you submitted and voted on. Slight smile )
Quote:https://youtu.be/j1igMfmuZd4

From the depths of the Bit Busters' clubhouse, Chip has recorded a message to tell us something about what we will find within CCLP4. What could it signify? It's up to you to find out!

(Disclaimer: This video doesn't mean that CCLP4 will be a CC2 set. Rest assured, CCLP4 will be a CC1/Tile World level set, just like all the levels you submitted and voted on. Slight smile )
Red is 18 (1-16, 42, 41), yellow is 37 (15-51), green is 26 (41-66)...but we already knew all that. Blue is 21 (38-40, 42, 49-51, 58-71). The number 42 (the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything...Pit of 100 Tiles much?) and the mathematical constant e are somehow important.

My guess is that red, yellow, and green correspond to CCLP2, CCLP3, and CCLP1, in either that order or 1-2-3. Blue represents CCLP4. Beyond that, I'm stuck. Just thought I'd leave my notes here.

EDIT: The maximum number possible in this little code thingy is 71; that's probably significant somehow.
Progress:

CC1, CC2, CCLP1, CCLP2, JBLP1, Pit of 100 Tiles: Complete!
CCLP3: (exact progress lost to the sands of time, will have to try again at some point)

CCLP4: 30/149
The Other 100 Tiles: 75/100
Jacques.dat: 109/986
Quote:Red is 18 (1-16, 42, 41), yellow is 37 (15-51), green is 26 (41-66)...but we already knew all that. Blue is 21 (38-40, 42, 49-51, 58-71). The number 42 (the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything...Pit of 100 Tiles much?) and the mathematical constant e are somehow important.

My guess is that red, yellow, and green correspond to CCLP2, CCLP3, and CCLP1, in either that order or 1-2-3. Blue represents CCLP4. Beyond that, I'm stuck. Just thought I'd leave my notes here.

18, 37, and 26 are the numbers of designers to contribute to CCLP2, CCLP3, and CCLP1 respectively, according to the wiki. (The current list for CCLP2 misses Sarah Canale.)

Conclusion: CCLP4 will have 21 contributors.

But there is clearly more information in this message.
I think each number belongs to a specific designer. An opened red, yellow, green, blue door means that designer had a level in CCLP2, CCLP3, CCLP1, and will have a level in CCLP4, respectively.

41 and 42 are the only persons to have a level in CCLP1-3 (Mike Lask and Eric Schmidt). So it seems only one of them got a level in CCLP4. Maybe the mathematical constant e (2.71828...) has something to do with this person, maybe the first letter of the name?

There are also 5 designers who got a level in CCLP4 who had no levels in previous CCLPs.
Some interesting ideas there...are any of you ready to organize your thoughts into a final* answer?

*Final as in specific and ready for evaluation as right or wrong; naturally, if it's wrong, you'll be allowed to guess again.

(I will say one of you is very close--just cut out a "maybe" and replace it with a specific name, and I'll be able to tell you which parts of your answer are correct.)