Tweaks of MS tileset - Moonwalking Chip, play as teeth
Sorry I'm so late to the game, just found out recently there was a port to Mac! Been messing around with Tile World for a few months now. I found the tileset to the original MS version (wasn't overly fond of the Tile World upgrade), realized all the behaviors of sprites in the game were tied to specific regions of that set, and I could make some great mischief by switching it around! So I decided for one to swap Chip and the teeth monster, and the result is thus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnE4mKWZ47Q

(I also realized I would need to re-draw the monster swimming, burning etc, and not being an artist I hired a real artist for an hour to do those basic tiles) So now I'm playing as the frog/teeth monster, with evil Chips in pursuit.

The other tweak I did was to switch Chip's tiles around, so the function "move right" is tied to graphic "facing left", so he moonwalks everywhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPCdCDBn97M

It's damn near impossible to get used to playing in real time, but if I just play normally, then use that patch for playback, the results are most entertaining!

I know I could get extremely nihilistic and "shift every tile over one" so one sprite's graphics change with every different direction, or make all animated characters the same block so you have to study movement instead of appearances, but I'm not into that sort of chaos, just mild mischief like the above. If anyone is still reading this, do you have any other ideas for simple tweaks? (like swapping gliders/fireballs so their behaviors are reversed)
The moonwalking one is very interesting. Do you plan to upload it to the CCZone file database?

The teeth one is also nice, and I remember someone doing a tileset where every monster was turned into Chip (but his clothes were of different colours depending on the type of monster). I can't find a download link anymore, unfortunately.

CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
I can if that's okay, I wasn't sure about copyright - do the original graphics still fall under copyright to "whoever"? all it was was a slight change to the MS set.

thanks for the YT watch btw, but I don't plan on making it a Chip-centric channel, just needed a place to dump those two videos, would have uploaded them here if I knew how :-p

got excited when I realized how "sandbox-ey" Tileworld was, and I could port back original sounds/graphics, wish there were a way to add the two songs as well.

If I'm feeling particularly evil I might try that "shift all tiles one to the right" thing so monsters are different depending on their direction, just to see how chaotic it gets.
Someone already uploaded the original unmodified MS tileset here, so you can probably post your modified versions without any problems. You CANNOT, however, upload the original levels.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
got it, thanks! will do so now, I'm sure it'll provide minutes of fun for many!
I have that tileset (Teeth's Challenge, I think it was called) in my files -- I once sat down and downloaded all Chip's Challenge resources online that I could find, something which I am quite happy about because quite a few of them are no longer available. Shall I upload it? I don't remember who was the original creator, though.

Is it just me, or are the pink balls *red*?
- budugoo
They're red. It's a side effect of using MSCC graphics in TW.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam