cloning chip glitch
I'm trying to set this up in a level of mine but I can't figure a few things out

[to be specific I'm trying to do the things which I've seen on at least two levels which; cloning a player lets you win the level without stepping on an exit square.] In all the levels I've seen they have this whole set up under canopies or hidden somehow so it's difficult to tell how it's done on my own [even in the editor]

-first of all, when I simply place a player on a clone machine; I can select him as a player [then you cannot go back to another player], which I don't want (obviously)

-in order to win via this way, it seems you must clone at least two times to win, or 1 more as many times as actual players there are, or exactly as many players (including the one on the clone machine) there are initially. I tried a few different things but none seem to work.

Also I'm trying to do this for a level which there are 3 (playable) players.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
You can use the split view to avoid the problem of getting stuck controlling the player on the clone machine without being able to switch.

You seem to be correct for the second paragraph, one more player needs to exit than there were at the start of the level (including the one on the clone machine).
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
To complete a level, you have to exit with as many players as are initially in the level, this includes characters on clone machines. To have a playable Chip or Melinda, you need to clone once. To finish the level without the playable character going into an exit, you need to clone a second time, either in a different direction and therefore onto an exit, or transport the new character in a different direction than the initial clone, e.g. by switching a force floor direction Slight smile

With 3 playable players however you can change between the different players, and the one on a clone machine will be in the rotation. If you select this Chip or Melinda as a player, you will be stuck...
okay thanks. for some reason I thought I played another level which violated that rule but I was probably mistaken.

Quote:You can use the split view to avoid the problem of getting stuck controlling the player on the clone machine without being able to switch.

You seem to be correct for the second paragraph, one more player needs to exit than there were at the start of the level (including the one on the clone machine).

This is a dumb question but how to do enable the split screen? I don't plan on using that for my level in question, and I'm no longer bothering with the clone glitch at all for this level, but I'd still like to know.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:This is a dumb question but how to do enable the split screen? I don't plan on using that for my level in question, and I'm no longer bothering with the clone glitch at all for this level, but I'd still like to know.
Open the level in the editor. Open the "File" menu, and select properties (the same thing you use to give the level a name). You should see three options somewhere in the window: 9*9, 10*10 and Split. Select Split, click OK and you're done.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.