Initial reactions to CC2
I'm only up to level 75 (I think) and I skipped a few.

As mentioned above, the sound effects are far too loud compared to the music. And PLEASE let us mod them! The sliding on ice sound is the same as the Super Mario World Flying sound (took me forever to realize where I'd heard it) and it is TRES ANNOYING.

A couple short time limits required me to replay, but once I got the route there was plenty of time.

Lots of new mechanics I am still learning. Mostly I like them.

I'd add skinning, music and sound effects modding, and of course tileset editing. Hopefully all that is coming.

And the controls are silly. F1 for restart waaaaat? And it's not configurable. I keep hitting Backspace and nothing happens.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
You can already mod the graphics, music and sound
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]
Cool. How?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
the resource files are under

Code:
Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Chip's Challenge 2\data

the graphics are in the bmp folder sound is under the wav folder etc.
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]
Quote:The sliding on ice sound is the same as the Super Mario World Flying sound (took me forever to realize where I'd heard it) and it is TRES ANNOYING.
The default sound effects are sampled from the 1989 Lynx version of CC1, which came out a good year beofre Super Mario World.
I think they used a similar sound in Super Mario Bros 3, which puts it back even further.

Regardless, the sound is quite annoying I'm modding it tonight!
I have been quite enjoying it, overall. I purchased it Sunday night, but haven't really had a lot of time to play it. I am on level 85 currently, without any skips.

It plays a lot easier than CC1. I like a lot of the new tiles, but I wish that Melinda came into play more often. The new tiles give me new ideas for levels, but I haven't really played with the editor yet.

I agree that there's a huge diversity in the quality of levels, but that makes a lot of sense, given there's more than one developer.

Overall, well worth the $5.
RELEASED:
2007-2011: The Last Few Chips Volume I: 400 CC1 levels. Plot | Playlist —coming soon eventually.
2009-present: The Last Few Chips Volume II: Quasar Industries: 143/157 WebCC levels. Playlist
IN DEVELOPMENT: The Last Few Chips Volume III: 13/450 levels.
I think in general it's awesome, with some things that I like less.

I haven't played through all of the levels yet, but I'm a bit dissapointed in the narrow theme of many of those I've played so far (I'm around the halfway mark), which focuses on just one of the new mechanics. There's a lot of small levels aswell that are pretty straight forward, I think I would have appreciated a bit more larger levels.

I think the new elements are for the most part pretty good. I've had quite a bit of fun playing around with the level editor, seems like theres possibilities for many interesting levels. The only additions I don't particulary care for in the repertoire is the slime tile (it looks really ugly) and the logic gates. What I like about the original Chip's Challenge is that it combines many simple and easy to understand elements and together they combine into difficult puzzles. The logic gates kind of break that aesthetic and feels a bit out of place.
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile
I've been messing around with the editor. Two questions;

-So can you add more than 1 hint or "clue" to a level? How?

I'd think you must be able to since there are multiple clues in all of the lesson levels, but I can't figure out how.

-How do you put your levels into a levelset?

-is there a better place to ask these questions?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:I've been messing around with the editor. Two questions;

-So can you add more than 1 hint or "clue" to a level? How?

I'd think you must be able to since there are multiple clues in all of the lesson levels, but I can't figure out how.

-How do you put your levels into a levelset?

-is there a better place to ask these questions?

For more than one clue, take a look at one of the lesson levels in the editor.

For levelsets, look at the file playcc2.c2g, which is the file for the official levelset. (Yeah, this is pretty inconvenient. I hear they're planning to improve this.)