MapMaker Deluxe
I've recently written a program to supplement the outdatedness of MapMaker (which is a 16-bit program) and be more automated than manually taking screenshots of editor windows or copy-and-pasting from Chip's Challenge Level Designer. It's called MapMaker Deluxe and can be downloaded here.

Current features in v0.1
  • Outputs maps as a PNG file for every level in a level set, or every level for every level set in the directory.
  • Support for any tile set of any size (which means Tile World's 48 x 48 tiles can be used to make a map). The MSCC and TW tilesets come packaged
  • Ability to print level info (level number, title, password, chips required, time limit, and hint) below the map.
  • Support for custom image dimensions (e.g. making thumbnails for levels).
  • Ability to show blue walls/invisible walls/hidden tiles.
  • Ability to show clone/trap connections.
Features to come
  • If supplied a TWS file, the ability to print the player's best time along with the other level info.
  • A replacement for the bitmap font used to print level info (I do admit it looks pretty awful).
  • There's currently a bug where the print entire directory feature finds most but not all level sets in a directory, which will be fixed.
Feedback is welcome. Bug reports are welcome. Feature requests are welcome. Enjoy.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks Tyler!

The only thing I think could be improved would be the tileset selection, something like "What tileset would you like to use? [t]ile world, [m]scc"
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:The only thing I think could be improved would be the tileset selection, something like "What tileset would you like to use? [t]ile world, [m]scc"

I think I'm gonna keep the manual typing of tileset names. While the TW and MS tilesets will probably be the ones used most frequently, I'd still like to have support for custom tile sets, for which a general case for tilesets would be more appropriate.

TWS support and improved font have been added. I'll get a new version out soon.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.