Winter 2014 Super Time Trial - Housecleaning
Sadly, I may not be able to work on the February levels during the time I allotted to spend on them tonight due to a power outage.
Quote:Sadly, I may not be able to work on the February levels during the time I allotted to spend on them tonight due to a power outage.
Fail I'll try to see if this was a deliberate attack by some of the other competitors. Plankton

EDIT: nope, it just seems the universe is trying to tell me that this competition was doomed from the start.
Does this mean that we get a few extra days? Slight smile
Ok, so here's the deal. JB, you were the only one to submit ANYTHING to this time trial during the two months allocated, and even you only managed to submit for the first half of the competition. I know some people had solutions to some of the levels, but for some reason nobody submitted them. I'm thus contemplating on cutting the Chip Cup points down to the normal amount and on counting my own times as a submission to have at least some sort of competition here. (I do not remember your scores though I checked that the tws you sent worked, and I never watched your solutions.) I admit it might be a bit controversial to allow my own submission as I am also the person running this thing (though it has precedent in the create competitions), so I propose you choose if you want to take me on. If you accept my submission to all the levels in question and with the scoring system proposed (practically meaning we need to solve all ten levels but only the times on levels 11.5 , 9A and 9E will determine the standings), I think it would only be fair to give you an extra week till Sunday midnight in your time zone to play the February levels as well as review your January solution(s). I'm sure we can find a third party to act as judge, and I don't feel I would have an advantage from any foreknowledge of the levels as they have been public for long enough (though I would use my own work on the Nov 2010 levels from back when it was current). Do you think that sounds like something that would work?

If JB takes the bait, and someone else would still like to get in on the action, that might be worked out too. In any case I will be announcing the time trial for March within a few days.
I accept. Slight smile
I can enter this. I just have one question. Where are TWS files stored in Linux?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
I submitted a tws file back in January and again in February!! I must say I really made an effort on these. The email was sent to CCZONE Submissions <cczonenextlevel@gmail.com> on Feb. 26. I guess you didn't get it. Bummer!
Sorry Syzygy for not checking that email on time. I now do see your submissions. Without any extension on the deadline, this would mean you would win the competition. I'll see if I can come up with a fair suggestion for all parties on how to proceed, and I'll edit that into this post later today. Smiley

EDIT:

I have now sent in my own scores to a secure location for storage so I was able to look at the other times submitted. Unlike I assumed, if I scored the competition now with all the submissions before the real deadline, it is not a given that Syzygy would win. J.B. has solved five of the ten levels, and Syzygy has solved six, with J.B. having some faster times. Syzygy also sent in several solutions to other levels in the set, so I am not entirely sure if I was clear enough on which levels exactly were used in the competition. Apologies for this, and for royally messing up and missing your submissions in the first place.

I think it's fair to allow Syzygy a say in whether or not the extension is fair. Feel free to not allow it, in which case we'll just use the submitted times and maybe for fun report what times we scored during this week. If you allow the extension for J.B., I will deduct 35 chips from his February score, which is half the maximum possible for the month. If you solve more levels yourself, I wouldn't penalize you because you already worked on extra levels. This means that if you go back and solve three of the remaining four levels you would most likely win in any case. If you solved two more, but J.B. submitted perfect scores on all the levels, he would probably win. To me this feels like a balance leading to a competition that would be exciting to follow. Additionally, you could allow me to enter my scores as well, and I would also procure a penalty of 35 chips, allowing a battle between J.B. and me regardless of where you end up. If others send in solutions, they will also be charged severely for not being on time, but it might be worth it for them because of the large number of Chip Cup points being awarded. Of course this all depends on if you still wish to work on these levels this week. How does this sound? Slight smile

Does someone else know about Linux and tws files?
An extension sounds fine, with deductions or not. I might try to solve more as I didn't have time to enter the create comp last month - January that is - (we had 2 floods, basement was soaked - lotta work cleaning up).

I would think the tws files in Linux are located in the 'save' directory, same as in Windows.
I found the TWS files. I had trouble because they were hidden. I will send them once I will have improved my times.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.