January 2014 Create Competition - Simple Template
mobius, yes replace the 'at' and 'dot' with @ and . to get through. Typing it out normally in a forum like this can increase spam to that address as bots search for email addresses. I do strive to reply and confirm I've received each submission, so if you send something in and don't hear from me, you can also try the PM feature here on the forum.

On that note, I have received two submissions already! Good job guys! I haven't looked at the levels myself, because there's a chance I might submit my own entry. You can still send in updates or other levels while the competition is open. You also may rename the file you submit to include your name, but that's optional.

There's a time trial opening up soon!
Quote:mobius, yes replace the 'at' and 'dot' with @ and . to get through. Typing it out normally in a forum like this can increase spam to that address as bots search for email addresses. I do strive to reply and confirm I've received each submission, so if you send something in and don't hear from me, you can also try the PM feature here on the forum.

On that note, I have received two submissions already! Good job guys! I haven't looked at the levels myself, because there's a chance I might submit my own entry. You can still send in updates or other levels while the competition is open. You also may rename the file you submit to include your name, but that's optional.

There's a time trial opening up soon!

oh ok, I did not know about that, thanks for the tip Slight smile

and wow, how did people submit levels already Flushed . Also I'm totally for having more future contests similar to this one Thumbs up I like this idea of having pre-placed things in the level.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I like the template concept and have sent in a level.

ian
NOOOOOOO IT'S FEBRUARY NOW

Anyway, good luck to those who joined the competition! Chip Win
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth
Submission time for this competition is now over. Thanks to everyone who sent in their creations! I knew a couple more of you were working on participating, so am a bit sad to not see your efforts realized in time. You can still send them in for our enjoyment if nothing else.

Anyway, I have now sent the levels I have to the judging party. That means I also can try them myself, as I thought it wasn't fair for me to play them earlier while participating with my own submission. Should I release the levels for you guys too, or do you want to wait for the results first? If I release them now, should I first not reveal the names of the designers to keep you guessing a bit?

Who's creative juices are ready for the next competition? While you wait, why not try a level in the Time Trial? :-)

-Miika
release the levels now. I'm not a fan of this 'keep everything secret' stuff. I don't care if you release the names.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Perhaps release the levels without names and see if we agree with the ratings?

ian
Please release the levels now so at least we can have something while we wait for the results.
I have now uploaded the submissions: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/350-cczone-january-2014-create-levels-packaged/

I chose not to indicate which level was from which designer for now, partly because it was easier for me at the moment.

I also got a message from the judge that he has played most of the levels and we can expect the results in a timely fashion. He says that some of the levels are a a bit long and frustrating. I take that to mean that some of them aren't Slight smile Feel free to weigh in with your own comments on any of the levels!
Wow! Great submissions by all! This won't be an easy decision for the judge at all.

ian