Shoehorn Pack - Discussion
From Wikipedia:

"The swastika is a symbol that originated from Hinduism and generally takes the form of an equilateral cross, with its four arms bent at 90 degrees... The word 'swastika' comes from the Sanskrit svastika - 'su' (meaning 'good' or 'auspicious') combined with 'asti' (meaning 'it is'), along with the diminutive suffix 'ka.' The swastika literally means 'it is good.'"

The Nazis just adopted this symbol. Actually, the Nazi swastika is rotated 45 degrees. Anyways, it should be noted that the swastika is not just a symbol for oppression but I can understand your concerns. I don't think the level should be automatically banned from voting, though.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Quote:From Wikipedia:

"The swastika is a symbol that originated from Hinduism and generally takes the form of an equilateral cross, with its four arms bent at 90 degrees... The word 'swastika' comes from the Sanskrit svastika - 'su' (meaning 'good' or 'auspicious') combined with 'asti' (meaning 'it is'), along with the diminutive suffix 'ka.' The swastika literally means 'it is good.'"

The Nazis just adopted this symbol. Actually, the Nazi swastika is rotated 45 degrees. Anyways, it should be noted that the swastika is not just a symbol for oppression but I can understand your concerns. I don't think the level should be automatically banned from voting, though.

~Bowman
I'd like to agree. I know most people say; let's ban the symbol, ban the name and everything that goes with it. But you can't erase the past, why not forget it, change the symbol back the way it was. Like said, the symbol was originally a good symbol, letting the Nazi's taint is... (alright this is probably a dumb place to have this argument. Plus, this may just be that for some odd reason I like the symbol and feel bad it has such negative connotations)

I guess I'm a minority but I don't like the idea of letting a group of people (in this case the Nazis) take something away from us. Imo, letting the symbol continue to have the negative connotations is letting the Nazi's still have influence even though they lost 50 years ago.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:I'd like to agree. I know most people say; let's ban the symbol, ban the name and everything that goes with it. But you can't erase the past, why not forget it, change the symbol back the way it was. Like said, the symbol was originally a good symbol, letting the Nazi's taint is... (alright this is probably a dumb place to have this argument. Plus, this may just be that for some odd reason I like the symbol and feel bad it has such negative connotations)

I guess I'm a minority but I don't like the idea of letting a group of people (in this case the Nazis) take something away from us. Imo, letting the symbol continue to have the negative connotations is letting the Nazi's still have influence even though they lost 50 years ago.

I agree with you and Bowman, to a degree. The swastika was not originally a Nazi symbol -- they stole it, and in my opinion, we of 50 years later should not let them keep it.

On the other hand, I don't know that it would be appropriate for a CCLP1 level to use the exact name of the Nazi version of the symbol. That seems rather in-your-face, especially for the European members of our community.

Remember, though, that things like titles and hints can be changed if the staff deems it necessary. So I would recommend voting on the level as though it had a different title.

I realize that doesn't change things for those who find the actual swastikas in the level layout to be offensive. But for that, I go back to my first statement: I agree with those who argue that we should not let a 50-year-dead evil continue to influence what was once a perfectly innocent symbol.
#16 (The Guide) - This might be busted - since the teeth will by default head vertically at the first opening it gets to, some of the bombs are impossible for it to be led into...

#21 (Tank and File) - This is a great maze, but I feel like the tank's "path" from 7,5, to 11,5 is a little too close of a call (when coming back out from hitting one of the buttons), especially for near the end of the level, and the two tanks right before the exit are even more difficult. Can I place a vote assuming these will be changed if the level gets into CCLP1 (especially the tanks at the very end - I'd be more okay with the first one staying as is)? If so, I'd probably up my (not yet cast) vote on this one to a 5-star...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
For Haken Kreuz, I voted it a 1 both because of the offensive symbols and because of the dodging which I do not think is beginner accessible. The title makes it clear that the swastikas are of the WW2/Holocaust/Nazi Germany type, and not one of the non-offensive versions. I think the staff should have changed the title, and that it was indeed insensitive for it to be allowed into the voting, although I understand that nobody on the staff speaks German. At this point I think the best course of action could be either to update the set to censor the name, or just do nothing and expect it to get ejected by an overwhelmingly critical response.

Funhouse Pinball was just amazing. I can certainly see this one in the 140s.