Wrench Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP1 voting's Wrench Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
Level 11 - If someone has difficulty with this level, gets to the end and thinks, it can't be done. It can, just leave one of the chips in the first room (or any other). There is an extra chip at the end.
Quote:Level 11 - If someone has difficulty with this level, gets to the end and thinks, it can't be done. It can, just leave one of the chips in the first room (or any other). There is an extra chip at the end.

This level was a pain to complete. I completely missed the trick with the extra chip upon first playing it, thinking, "Oh, there's an extra chip," only to be surprised when I was one block short. After that, I had several attempts in which I still forgot to save a block. I finally beat it after about an hour of gameplay, but it was certainly tedious. No offense to this level's designer, but I don't think this is the sort of level that CCLP1 needs - the moment beginners feel like the game has become work is where we will lose them.
In level 38 (Spin Cycle), it is totally possible to escape the center ice room with the ice skates. Which means you can grab an extra yellow key later. Which means none of the chips are actually needed.

~Bowman
~Bowman
#44 (Block Race) is busted. You can hit the tank button twice so that the walker doesn't hit any clone buttons.
1: This idea is one of the most creative I have seen so far.

2: So there is fire under the blocks. Okay, but avoiding them is easy. Too easy.

6: It is a nice level, but way too hard.

8: The tip says the level is unfinished. I have no idea how come it even made it to the voting packs.

14: Morton has become a classic!

24: The level is nice, but the tip is awful! Yuck!

25: Put a bunch of gliders in the center to make it look scarier.

36: The perfect level to study teeth.

39: I always liked that kind of puzzles.

41: I am afraid there is a mistake on the voting page. It appears the level is called "Monster Dodging", and not "Proper Patterns".

43: I am sorry, but I don't understand the tip. Could someone please explain it?

44: The level is nice, but the beginners would not have played CCLP3 and would not understand the tip.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:1: This idea is one of the most creative I have seen so far.

to prove commentary and discussion is effective; I first looked at this level and didn't bother playing it because I thought it'd be tedious but after reading your post I gave it a second look and admit it is very creative; and not tedious at all. Thumbs up

-----------------

Progress would be a great level if the ball-hall section was removed. Personally this concept is getting old for me; it's tedious and not very interesting. I've played a few good levels which use this in an interesting way and I voted those levels highly, but here it just doesn't work imo.

So Close Yet So Far;

-this was a fun level. For some reason I kept excepting there to be a gimmick or something nasty at the end. Maybe it was the hint.

If only you knew: A Level like this isn't much fun without some kind of reference. For example; "Totally Unfair" from CC1 had "Totally Fair" to accompany it. If there were clues around the level or more information to help the player it would be acceptable.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:This level was a pain to complete. I completely missed the trick with the extra chip upon first playing it, thinking, "Oh, there's an extra chip," only to be surprised when I was one block short. After that, I had several attempts in which I still forgot to save a block. I finally beat it after about an hour of gameplay, but it was certainly tedious. No offense to this level's designer, but I don't think this is the sort of level that CCLP1 needs - the moment beginners feel like the game has become work is where we will lose them.

Yeah. That was probably my least favourite level in the whole of CCLP1 voting. No offense to whoever made that level by the way, unless it was "He Who Shall Not Be Named".
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]