Igloo Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP1 voting's Igloo Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
CCLP1 staff: the Igloo pack has not been made available in the Yahoo Group file. Just in case you hadn't noticed, Ian
Don't worry, Ian - I'm going to take care of that today.
Firstly, no. 26 (Windowsill Tears) has no time limit and no chips required which is apparently J.B.'s mistake, but it also has no socket, which is pretty weird.

Secondly, no. 46 (The Longest Track) is busted. If, after you get two blocks, you put them at (20, 23) and (19, 24) and you clone two fireballs, the second fireball gets into a loop where it keeps pressing the toggle switch, making it really easy to get to the top exit. I've just given that 1 point, but if the bust is fixed, make that a 4.
Zommy (Richard Blaquière)

CLP1-fixed.dat - 40 levels

CLP2.dat - 30 levels, incomplete

RichardB1.dat (consisting exclusively of CLP1-fixed and CLP2 levels) - 58 levels, incomplete
Then please rate it a 4. Slight smile As I've stated many times on these threads, we're trying to avoid multiple versions of these level packs floating around as much as possible unless there's a critical solvability issue in one of the levels, and as such, these busts will be addressed should the levels be inducted into CCLP1. As stated in the voting instructions, if there's an issue with a level discovered during voting, please give the level a rating with the resolution of the issue taken into consideration.

Quote:Firstly, no. 26 (Windowsill Tears) has no time limit and no chips required which is apparently J.B.'s mistake, but it also has no socket, which is pretty weird.

I'm sorry that I've missed a few things this week, guys. It's been a long, long last two weeks at work. I don't know if it's been readily apparent yet, but this process has been a monumental amount of work as is. Please forgive my forgetfulness at times.
Pick the Buttsons:
the wording of the hint is really good here. It mentions the fact that "all" tanks and "all" toggle walls react to buttons and only 1 trap is connected to a brown button. That's doing better than CC1 Tongue
Good level, even for a lesson level it's interesting. I remember this one from Hornlitz playing Archie's pack.

Chip Maze: good level but the time limit is way too stringent. I like mazes that allow for lots of exploration. Large Mazes and tightly timed levels just don't go together well imo.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:
I liked this level a lot and I like funny long titles like this but I looked it up and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the level. Isn't there a phobia word that means something like; fear of accumulation of too many things? or something to that nature that might be more appropriate.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:

I liked this level a lot and I like funny long titles like this but I looked it up and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the level. Isn't there a phobia word that means something like; fear of accumulation of too many things? or something to that nature that might be more appropriate.

I haven't played this pack/level yet, but the title would suggest fireballs/fire a-plenty (the aforementioned word is a type of lung disease caused by breathing in volcanic ash if I'm not mistaken) - I take it this is not the case? (:
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
yeah, no, it's a 'don't collect too many chips' level. A good one. But the title through me off.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Some thoughts:

Level 11: Puzzled Blocks - I love this level. But maybe the hint could be worded a little simpler.

Level 16: Save the Bug! - Although this is a concept that shouldn't be dragged on for too long, I feel this was a little short. Not much of a level if you only have to save the bug 3 times. A few more interesting twists with it would've changed my vote.

Level 19: The Palm Islands, Dubai - So wait -- none of the chips were needed? I just had to build down to the ice when I had the skates in order to get the flippers and it was over... All the levels with really long hints like this (I'm assuming Thinker's?) at this point I'm just solving for fun. None seem well suited for CCLP1. Most of them puzzle me for a really long time, they're so complicated. Loved Aboriginal though.

Level 25: Shoe Shopping - I love this level. But a little too much of a thinking puzzle for CCLP1, I think.

Level 37: Peek-A-Boo - I've always been confused about the intentions of this level when it comes to Lynx compatibility. In Microsoft, in the bottom portion of the level, you can put the teeth on the trap buttons one by one by stepping on then off the open trap. In Lynx, of course, this wouldn't work because you would slide through and get stuck in the next trap. I came up with a solution that would work in Lynx by taking two teeth at one time for the top three traps, having one already done. The problem is that this is significantly more difficult. Also, I just noticed that all the chips are required and, at least in my version of ArchieP1, there are only 8 required.

Level 38: Descending Ceiling - Perfect for CCLP1.

Level 46: The Longest Track - I know there are issues with this level. But let's say the level works as intended; it's not much of a challenge to explode the last bomb to get to the extra exit. Once you have the fire boots, you can control the fireball cloner yourself, press the toggle, and wait for the bomb to explode. I prefer the original version, where the fireballs blow up the bombs to the key.

Level 50: Backyard - I know how much of a pain this one is for Lynx. It's not all that much better for MS. One star
~Bowman
#5 (Pestilence II) - This level was annoying, but also really fun in a sadistic kind of way. It is quite short, so I don't think a beginner would begrudge the difficulty too much.

#20 (Oncoming Traffic) - I've always thought that monster dodging can be good when done right, but this level was just tirelessly monotonous.

#34 (Eleventh Hour) - Given the amount of scavenger-hunting required to get all the chips in the south, this level could do with some extra time.

#37 (Peek-A-Boo) - A great teeth manipulation level. Enjoyed a lot.

#46 (The Longest Track) - I get the idea of this level - cloning fireballs at the right time to pass through the toggle walls and destroy bombs - but I solved this level in ten seconds by trapping a fireball between the toggle doors and just swimming to the exit in the north. I know this bust has already been mentioned, but I just wanted to quantify just how big a bust it is... Unless it's intended? Flushed
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl