mobius levelset(s)
I just uploaded my "first levelset", it has 16 levels.

Technically I uploaded another one but that was years ago on another site. This one is much better. I doubt if anyone knows/remembers my old one or would recognize of these here. Anyway I welcome comments and critisims. I'm a terrible judge of my own levels. Most of these I made quite a few years ago.

I also attached a "notes" file. It has notes and hints on all of them. Idk if you need a hints file for chips challenge but I made it anyway. I also might make video solutions if I feel like it. (unless people ask me to I definitley will)

http://cczone.invisi...le/194-mobius1/
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I tried your set for a little bit. I really like SYMBIOSIS, it's a pretty clever idea, although maybe it's a little too short? SQUARED feels really confusing and rushed with the time limit but it's kinda interesting. SCUTTLEBUTTIN' I didn't really play because I hate both ice checkerboard levels like RINK and invisible wall mazes. TEZCATLIPOCA is a really good idea but I guess it could use a bit more fleshing out because it feels really short. I don't understand THE FIRST LAUGH at all because I seemed to have won for no apparent reason. I couldn't figure out how to stop the gliders but one time I tried and they didn't come and I escaped. REPITITION is decent in idea but too easy to brute-force after you figure out the first three or so. I like CLUES but I can't figure it out yet, FEEL THE HEAT is too small and easy to be very interesting, and I haven't tried the others.
Playing it in lynx mode, I like the set but I ran into a few easily fixable issues:

In PREVIEW, the gliders do not die in the fire in the room centered around (20,26). This is readily fixed by switching the gliders and fire with fireballs and water in that room.

HODGE PODGE has pointless fire under fire that screws with lynx mode. The flipping toggle portion is also impossible in lynx because you can't flick blocks off closed toggles in lynx.

Symbiosis doesn't work because the tank boosts across the trap, getting ahead of you. I've no idea how to fix this.

TEZCATLIPOCA - more gliders and fire that don't die, and you can't push blocks over hint tiles in Lynx. Aside from that, it's just not working in a solvable manner - even when I used the editor to find a solution.

I'll play more later, but I like what I see so far.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I didn't realize until I tried it much later, but PREVIEW is pretty cute, being a sampler of all the other levels in the set. Although, having the blob one in the middle is a nice way to hate the RNG and not want to finish the level.
thanks for playing! Preview was sort of inspired by Pieguy's similar level at the beginning of his set.

And Thanks for letting me know about lynx mode. I haven’t played with lynx in so long I forgot most of the differences.

That stinks about not being able to push blocks over hints. I thought Lynx mode was supposed to emulate the original Atari Lynx? If that’s the way it was then how was the last level of the original game (Special) possible?

And wait… gliders don’t die in fire in Lynx mode??? There are a lot more differences than I thought..

The fire under fire must be an accident in Hodge-Podge, that doesn’t need to be there. I also didn’t know about pushing blocks onto toggle doors. I’ll probably making a lynx-compatible version of my whole set later with changes where necessary.

I plan on improving Tezcatlipoca somehow and feel the heat..

Could you tell me exactly what you did in the First Laugh? Do we have spoiler tags here?

I’m most proud of Fireball Progression for some reason. And the last two levels are ‘weird’ levels. But that’s why I put them at the end.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Blocks can start on hint tiles in Lynx, but they can't be pushed over them. They also can't be pushed over exits or green or yellow keys.

Nothing dies in fire. It's either treated as wall or floor (fireballs).

The pushing blocks off the toggle doors in Hodge-Podge is called a flick (Chip doesn't move but the block gets pushed anyway). The only permissible flick in Lynx is when the block is on a real blue wall.

The spoiler tags are under BBCode, the third icon from the top left corner of the editor.

[Click to Show Content]

EDIT: References:

http://www.pillowpc2...net/CCLP3/Lynx/

http://chipschalleng...om/wiki/Ruleset
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:The only permissible flick in Lynx is when the block is on a real blue wall.
There is another wall that a block can be 'flicked' off in Lynx: Appearing wall. I checked it out a while ago.
Quote:TEZCATLIPOCA - more gliders and fire that don't die, and you can't push blocks over hint tiles in Lynx. Aside from that, it's just not working in a solvable manner - even when I used the editor to find a solution.

I think the problem is that two fireballs are trying to enter the same water tile. I'd suggest adding another water tile and, if there are still issues, force floors.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
there are some issues with the new version, in case you play: I forgot to test some things in the first level, Preview, so it doesn't work correctly.

Also, I recommend playing "Clues" in either MS or older versions of tileworld; It won't quite make sense in the new (blue) version. I didn't realize this because when I made the level I was still using MS.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
I'm fixing some embarrassing mistakes and changing some levels drastically as well as added a bunch of new levels. I'm also making the set lynx compatible. At first I was going to make two- one for MS and one for Lynx, but now I think I'm just making the whole thing Lynx compatible. In short, my set will be much much better next time I upload.

-I can't think of a good way to make Symbiosis longer, so, so far that hasn't gotten any changes.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski