December 2012 Time Trial competition
<span style="text-decoration:underline"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Time Trial

NOTE: Version 1.07 of the December 2012 Time Trial is the latest release. This is the version that must be used for the competition!

December 2012

Name of levels: "The Cage" and "Ice Cap"

MS or Lynx: Lynx

Time Limit: 500 and 800, respectively

"The Cage" - by Tom Patten

"Ice Cap

" - by Tom Patten

Deadline: 25th December 2012 - 12:00 a.m. GMT

Download:

http://cczone.invisi...-december-2012/

TWS solutions and AVIs will be accepted for this competition. Please send them to me at AimRCTtom@aol.com. The participant with the best combined time - the most seconds remaining across both levels - will be declared the winner. Enjoy, and have fun chipping!
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Wow, the first TT in only lynx! I guess I'm gonna have to win this one then Tongue I'll aim for 100 seconds less than anyone else! Wait, no I mean 100 seconds more than anyone else! If I go all out I should use 100 seconds less than everyone else combined!! Oh wait, that one shouldn't be that hard, except if nobody else enters. Whatever, the point is I'll wipe the floor tiles with the rest of you!!

-Miika

edit: downloaded the levels and can't seem to solve either one Slight frown The first should work but it's hard to dodge every monster, and can't figure out the second one even in theory while looking at the map. hmm, maybe nobody else will solve these either and some mistake by the judge(s) will still announce me as the winner, so there is some hope yet!!

edit:solved first one, still stuck on second.
Guys, a force field tile was missing in level 2. Download again for the latest release. This is very important! Level 2 has been updated, but level 1 has not changed at all.

I think the original release's level 2 was impossible due to me originally making level 2 an MS only level, but as level 1 was Lynx only, level 2 became impossible due to the boosting.
Have version 1.06 but now can't get to the blocks at the beginning in Ice Cap. Otherwise I should see a way to solve the level, though it is difficult to find and perhaps even more difficult to perform. There's a lot of stepping off force floors at the right time and hitting moving blocks on ice, and I'm afraid not many people will end up solving the level, if anyone. If you're still going to update, are you sure you want to keep this level of difficulty?

Done with the first level though and that was rather fun despite some of the random elements. Thumbs up

-Miika

EDIT: Solved the second level from version 1.07. Not a simple puzzle but I like it in a masochistic way.
Quote:Have version 1.06 but now can't get to the blocks at the beginning in Ice Cap. Otherwise I should see a way to solve the level, though it is difficult to find and perhaps even more difficult to perform. There's a lot of stepping off force floors at the right time and hitting moving blocks on ice, and I'm afraid not many people will end up solving the level, if anyone. If you're still going to update, are you sure you want to keep this level of difficulty?

Done with the first level though and that was rather fun despite some of the random elements. Thumbs up

-Miika

Repaired Ice Cap on version 1.07 and you can now get to the blocks. Hopefully that's the last update for the competition at least.

Ice Cap was always designed to be a tricky 4 star level in terms of difficulty, so I'm not going to make it any easier because it's the last Time Trial of the year.

I'm glad you liked The Cage. I thought it was a good non-linear gauntlet level and was just the right difficulty. I think the randomness worked well on that level.
There's a random wall tile (not blue) at 26,15.

Thought you should know.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Ok, I think I won't have any more time to devote to this competition, so I sent in what solutions I had currently. Didn't make any bad execution mistakes on the second one, so I'm pretty confident the rest of you will be left crying once the results are announced Tongue

(At the same time I'm hoping that at least two other people submit their solutions, so I won't be the one left crying. Why would you guys want to make me cry?? If you don't want that, participate!!)

-Miika
Whoops, I didn't realize the competition ended today already... Would it be possible to extend it to the end of the month? I'd make an attempt if it was...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Whoops, I didn't realize the competition ended today already... Would it be possible to extend it to the end of the month? I'd make an attempt if it was...

Hmmm, maybe scratch that - not quite sure how to solve #2... Tongue
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels