Puzzle Studio
how close can the graphics be to CC1 or 2? Are there copyright problems with this? I notice the flippers and things are identical.
What I planned on doing first was addressing the monsters. It'd be nice to have them look like actual monsters. [i don't plan on making them look exactly the same, I'll have to see how I can do it or how it turns out]

an option to change the volume or turn off music would be nice. (I like the music a lot but don't always want it) Also there are no sounds; if I can find some sounds to use would like that as well?
I might look at some older games that nobody remembers; tell me if there are any copyright problems with that. I notice similar sounds used in adventure games quite often (but idk if that means anything). I probably won't be able to get ogg sounds though.

Can sounds or graphics from tileworld be used?

----

oh and I noticed a possible bug; when I pushed a bowling ball (is that what they're called?) onto a trap, then pressed the button to release it, it didn't quite work right. It didn't move at first then the ball moved away without animation 1 square. Then I could seemingly move it again by pressing the button. Ask me if you want a more detailed explanation.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:how close can the graphics be to CC1 or 2? Are there copyright problems with this? I notice the flippers and things are identical.

What I planned on doing first was addressing the monsters. It'd be nice to have them look like actual monsters. [i don't plan on making them look exactly the same, I'll have to see how I can do it or how it turns out]

an option to change the volume or turn off music would be nice. (I like the music a lot but don't always want it) Also there are no sounds; if I can find some sounds to use would like that as well?

I might look at some older games that nobody remembers; tell me if there are any copyright problems with that. I notice similar sounds used in adventure games quite often (but idk if that means anything). I probably won't be able to get ogg sounds though.

Can sounds or graphics from tileworld be used?

----

oh and I noticed a possible bug; when I pushed a bowling ball (is that what they're called?) onto a trap, then pressed the button to release it, it didn't quite work right. It didn't move at first then the ball moved away without animation 1 square. Then I could seemingly move it again by pressing the button. Ask me if you want a more detailed explanation.

Yeah, give me any graphics/music, I don't mind until I get a takedown notice, which I will ignore nicely :-)
A new update is coming along :-)

I plan to do:

OpenGL extentions up to 2.0, you can finally make cool rendering now :-)

If you want to make some elements while I'm still working on the update, here's a thing to note:

C code:

glBegin();

becomes Lua code:

gl.Begin()

New font engine, uses bitmaps

More of the code moved to Lua

yeahh.
I don't understand why I can't move right in Puzzle Studio at all. Is this a bug or has it not been coded into the game yet?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:I don't understand why I can't move right in Puzzle Studio at all. Is this a bug or has it not been coded into the game yet?

Like, move in the --> direction?

Are you sure your right key isn't broke?

Use the arrow keys not WASD.
Puzzle Studio.. is almost cross platform :-)

I removed all the windows-specific stuff.

Now just need to

make a replacement for the timer,

make a file browser

iron out some of the bugs

Then I'll make another release :-)

Something in my image loading code is crashing the program... I wonder what it is..
What is this timer? Is it a way to set a time limit for the levels?

And why do you need to make a file browser? Can't you make it use the file browser that comes pre-installed with the operating system?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:What is this timer? Is it a way to set a time limit for the levels?

And why do you need to make a file browser? Can't you make it use the file browser that comes pre-installed with the operating system?

The timer calls a function every 10 miliseconds so the game will run the same speed even if your computer is faster or slower.

In order to make the code portable I need to add cross-platform code for the file browser and dialog boxes.
Quote:The timer calls a function every 10 miliseconds so the game will run the same speed even if your computer is faster or slower.

In order to make the code portable I need to add cross-platform code for the file browser and dialog boxes.
That timer sounds like a really nice feature!

I really didn't think that porting the game would be so hard...
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:I don't understand why I can't move right in Puzzle Studio at all. Is this a bug or has it not been coded into the game yet?
I have the same problem. Nothing happens when I press the 'right' arrow key.