Halloween 2012 Create Competition
Halloween 2012 Create Compeititon

Welcome to the first Halloween competition! If you participate before the deadline you will get a "Halloween" award!

Your objective is to make a Zombie Apocalypse level. There must be an exit which the player can get to and the only monsters you can use are Chip, Teeth, and Blocks.

The level must be MS only and Tile World, but making custom tile graphics for replacing the Teeth will give you higher marks.

The deadline for the compeititon is 4th November 2012.

Happy Halloween!
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
You say there must be an exit, but you didn't say if it had to be solvable, though I guess unsolvability could be part of the theme?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I have something EXACTLY like this in my set ZK1, the "Zombies" levels! The first two rounds are made of just blocks, water, 4 teleports for Chip to zip around the level, and a teeth cloner that clones teeth every ~2 seconds by a pink ball. Could I remove the teleports and water, and should I keep the teeth cloner or replace with a horde? Also, could I keep the goal of collecting around 30 chips before Chip can exit? Thanks
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
When you say "the only monsters you can use are Chip, Teeth, and Blocks", do you mean that these are the only moving objects you can use? So tiles like walls, floor, the elements, keys, buttons and such are usable too?

Can we send submissions to you without posting them here for everyone to download?

-Miika
Quote:Halloween 2012 Create Compeititon

Your objective is to make a Zombie Apocalypse level. There must be an exit which the player can get to and the only monsters you can use are Chip, Teeth, and Blocks.

Though I suppose you can make the level unexpectedly unsolvable in the end...

As for the other elements, I'm pretty sure they're usable too. Just don't use unrelated monsters like gliders, pink balls, blobs, walkers, fireballs, tanks, paramecium, and spiders (Though I wish I can use them as a 'decoration').

Let's just wait and see what will happen next.
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth
My main question right now is: could I use a cloner that is controlled by a pink ball so zombies keep spawning, or just a single horde of zombies? lol

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Can't you use a teeth to control the cloner using some ice/force floor loop?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Can we use non-teeth monsters in locations that are not accessible on traps only to avoid the C/B glitch?
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:Can we use non-teeth monsters in locations that are not accessible on traps only to avoid the C/B glitch?

I will allow Pink Balls, but only for the use of cloning and is not part of the inside part of the level where Chip(s) are.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:I will allow Pink Balls, but only for the use of cloning and is not part of the inside part of the level where Chip(s) are.

Alright, I believe a level I have meets all the requirements, after I edit it I guess I'll submit it Slight smile

Bronze / Silver / Gold