Can I have someone test this in MSCC?
I, unfortunately, do not have MSCC anymore so I can't test how MSCC responds to this.

I am aware it is not lynx compatible. This is a MS only level anyways because you have to abuse the ram, convergence glitch and c/b glitch later on in the level anyways.

The monster order is a fireball-N on a trap, then the teeth, then the pink balls on the blocks from left to right, then the pink ball partially visible on the bottom followed by the rest of the monsters in the level.

As you can see, chip requires three blocks to escape and the teeth must also be alive to blow up a bomb later on in the level.

What happens in MS tile world is Chip lures the teeth around the bomb and pushes block #2 (numbered left to right) up, the pink ball briefly vanishes as the block moves up, chip is still alive and the pink ball reappears where he should be.

If he moves up or down, the pink ball vanishes for [1] and with correct timing on an up move will allow the teeth to pass through behind chip as it is ahead of the ball in the monster order and the ball only reappears when it is the ball's turn to move.

If chip attempts to move left, he is blocked.

If he attempts to move right, the block under the pink ball there vanishes. If he attempts to move right again, he steps on the pink ball.

I have a feeling in MSCC will either crash in some horrible way or Chip will die.

I wlll also note that the wall below the rightmost bomb on the top row is now a gravel tile and the gravel tile 1D 1R from the same bomb is now a floor tile.

[Image: NRwSU.png]
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
It crashes in one of three ways when you try to push any of the three blocks in MSCC:

1)

"An error has occurred in your application.

If you choose Ignore, you should save your work in a new file.

If you choose Close, your application will terminate."

Either option leads to:

"CHIPS caused a General Protection Fault in module CHIPS.EXE at 0007:13FF.

Choose close. CHIPS will close."

2) It goes straight to the second window mentioned above.

3) The 9x9 game area blacks out, followed by "Ooops! Look out for creatures!" Clicking OK takes you to "You seem to be having trouble with this level. Would you like to skip to the next level?" Either option triggers the termination glitch: "Corrupt or inaccessible CHIPS.DAT file." The main window either closes or ends up like http://imageshack.us.../msccglitch.png, where "LEVEL 3" is whatever the name of your level is.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Yeah it doesn't work. Chip just dies whenever he touches the blocks with the pink balls on top.

EDIT: I don't get any error when trying this, so maybe I'm missing something. I'll try again soon.

Another edit: I tried again, following everything you said, and there is absolutely no error message. Chip just dies, and there is no time between when chip touches the pink ball and his death.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Strange. Are you sure you set it up exactly right, Hornlitz?

But considering it crashes MSCC I'll do something else there anyways.
Just tried it again in a separate level with nothing but that level segment and I'm getting other variations of the errors I described earlier as well as those particular errors. A couple times it simply froze. Maybe the difference is the operating system? I'm running Windows Vista<sup>TM</sup> Home Premium.

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I'm running on XP, so maybe it does affect something...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Yeah OS probably makes a difference.

Interesting bug, then. Or, more likely, a variation on the standard transparency glitch.
Hmm. I wish I still had my old Windows 95 computer with the entire BOWEP on it so I could see how it worked on 95. My MSCC is on an XP though, so I'm guessing I'll get something that's already been seen.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Just found out this was pretty much covered on the wiki: http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Tra...ncy_Glitch

I'm guessing Hornlitz patched his version of Chip's Challenge.

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Well ok then. That's pretty neat.