The cake is a lie
Oh fancy schmancy!!!

The part about it being "absolute" is true though. But the size of the degree (or Kelvin) is the same as Celsius -- it's still 100 from freezing to boiling.

"Degree" just means "increment". Semantics is so silly.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Yes, "a fire pit heated to 4000 degrees kelvin" should not use the word 'degrees', but you might refer to some amount of change in or comparison of temperature as degrees, even in Kelvin. Not that it matters too much around here...
Besides, wikipedia is hardly where I'd go for any more detailed information then how to screw in a lightbulb.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I've had professors who advised using Wikipedia as a first stop when it came to research papers. Needless to say, those weren't the hardest classes to get a decent grade in.

TIL that Kelvin doesn't use "degrees." Yay for the Internet!

Also, all I know about "portal" is that it's an academic journal (and yes, the word is not capitalized).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
For the record (not that it matters now), I've learned from numerous books that it's "Kelvin" and there's no degree anywhere there.

Also, I hope there's cake in Portal 2 Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow