All things chess
^Are the pawns connected? That's only a one-point material advantage. Connected passers might make all the difference.

Actually, I'm just pretending to know more than I do. I've never played such an endgame, but I'm making a semi-educated guess.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I'm not sure what to think about the Anand/Gelfand match. It's slightly more interesting than I expected, but...I dunno. I miss players like Larsen and Tal and Spassky and Kaspy.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Finally, someone won at the world championship match. I'm surprised Anand was first to lose.
I enjoyed watching the game (I was lucky enough to catch an early bus), and it was nice to see Gelfy win, but really, it was more Anand self-destructing than it was a genuine struggle.
We should really get a Malkovich game going. I explained it elsewhere but can't find the post. The concept is that two members play a game against each other on the forum, using spoiler tags to write their reasoning behind each move. Spectators can also write comments they have about the game in spoiler tags. The players don't read the spoiler tags until the game is over. It's perhaps better demonstrated: http://forumserver.t...ss-game-833593/ (it really gets going starting on page 2)

Also, an interesting game I just finished playing: http://www.chess.com...tml?id=53128558

Any advice on how to play it better? Made some good moves but I think I could have been steamrolled if my opponent knew how to capitalize on his chances. The game mandatorily started in the Tarrasch Defense, which is why the game started on move 4. Also, on a related note, that opening is pretty awesome.

Also, Anand-Gelfand has been pretty dull. :|