Will we ever live in a truly paperless society?
Ever since the advent of computers, people have been predicting the demise of paper products. Do you think we'll see this in our lifetimes? Is the day imminent when only people living in the past are interested in physical books, or is this just one of those inane predictions that people love to make any time there's a new technological innovation?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Going by my recent experience with toilets in European countries, I think not.

Here in India, we do things differently, so it's conceivable...

... Sorry, I guess that was not the domain of discussion that this thread was headed for, but it was the first thing that crossed my mind.

- Madhav.
Hard to blow your nose on a laptop.

And I just can't get into the Kindle thing.

I will say my office is way more paperless than it was just five years ago.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I still prefer to read things on paper; screw e-books and Kindles.

In India, you just use your hands, right? I sort of remember reading that somewhere once...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Water. And optionally the left hand.
Screw toilets then. Smiley
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
That raises another question; will technology ever replace toilets?
Indoor toilets ARE technology!

And technology that I greatly appreciate.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I think we all appreciate them, to various degrees.
(snicker) He doesn't know how to use the three seashells!

Smiley

from demolition man