The sleep thread
Quote:I think it is quite amazing how some people stay up all night half the time

I lived during the night for around 4 months earlier this year. My "day" was around 8pm to 10am. Tongue

(it was actually really fun, and I would prefer to live during those hours, but for now it's not practical)
Gonna go to bed soon, it's 1:20 here right now. I also agree with Josh because I like getting up at like 5 AM to play CC or other games Smiley
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Sometimes I'm amused by the sorts of people who will stay up for days (quite literally) so that they can play a video game. I know it's sort of sadistic of me, but I find a perverse pleasure in it regardless.

I sort of agree with Flareon, except I feel guilt more than anger when it comes to sleeping away the day. That's one reason why jet lag sucks so much. It induces depressive feelings.

I remember living the life of a night owl back when I was in the pizza business. It wasn't bad, but then, it was in the summertime. I doubt I'd have been as pleased with the situation had it been in the winter. I dug sleeping outside on my front porch and waking up at noon, not giving a crap if the neighbors saw. Thumbs up
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
There was a Jeopardy! champion recently who admitted to having quit a job just to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Thumbs up
I wake up at 7:00 on school days, so my goal is to be in bed at 11:00 on those nights... I rarely reach my goal. Tongue I think the earliest I got to bed in the last couple weeks was 11:50... Usually it's somewhere between 12:00 and 1:00, depending how much homework I put off until the last minute... Smiley There's also the occasional night where I only get 2-3 hours of sleep, usually due to having to stay up finishing a paper or project...

Weekends and school breaks are much better - I usually go to bed sometime between 12 and 2 and wake up between 9 and 11. Slight smile
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:There was a Jeopardy! champion recently who admitted to having quit a job just to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Thumbs up

Now I really want to start a "Have you ever quit a job for an irrational reason?" thread. I knew a guy who quit his job because his boss wouldn't give him time off to see a Laura Nyro concert. Actually, in a way, I think that's sort of cool, but I could never do something like that. Wink

Quote:There's also the occasional night where I only get 2-3 hours of sleep, usually due to having to stay up finishing a paper or project...

I've never had to do that before; knock on wood.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
To be honest, sleeping all day is not that great. I'd prefer to be up from morning to night without any issues. That way, the day would be fulfilled with tons of things done. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:There was a Jeopardy! champion recently who admitted to having quit a job just to play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Thumbs up

LOL
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:I usually don't go to bed till around 1-2am and usually wake up in between 9-11am the next day. If I sleep in any later than 12pm, I get insanely pissed as I believe my day was wasted sleeping. (even though this would be my own fault)

I know that feeling...But conversely, when I wake up earlier than usual (like 8-9am) I end up being amazed at how much I can get done during the day.

I usually (try to) go to bed at 1, wake up at 10 (classes start at noon most days for me this semester). For some reason, before college, I found it easier to wake up early on the weekends than the weekdays, but now, the reverse is true.
I got about two hours of sleep last night. I woke up at 1:30 and spent the following five hours playing Billie Holiday records at what might have been termed an unreasonable volume (my neighbors must be glad that I'm getting kicked out come my lease's end). I tried going back to bed at 6:30, but I basically just laid in bed until 9:00, getting a grand total of ten minutes of sleep.

My alarm failed to go off, but given all of the aforementioned conditions, it hardly mattered.