Karoshi.ccl
Quote:Same message here in Texas, except with WMG in the mix as well.

Still, my point stands. It took a random Canadian about 40 minutes to beat 49+ levels of Karoshi 2.0 in what is rather evidently a blind playthrough, and I beat Super Karoshi in a single sitting the first time I played it. If Karoshi.ccl doesn't have the same kind of difficulty curve as other Chip's Challenge level sets, it's partly because I was emulating Karoshi's length, and partly because I wanted to get it released in time for April 1. Slight smile

I absolutely love the karoshi games. they are such good and creative puzzles. I could probably beat it in under 12 with a bit of practice Tongue
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
This was fun and interesting.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
This topic has given me an idea for a new CC Zone competition.

I shall call it... Bummer!
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="10078" data-ipsquote-username="KeyboardWielder" data-cite="KeyboardWielder" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1334513065" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="353" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">
I was disappointed that the difficulty curve didn't really take off, so hopefully you're going to add some more levels later.
Karoshi tends to have very short and to-the-point levels, compared to the length of Chip's Challenge levels. ... I tried to emulate the length of Karoshi's levels, while also coming up with a variety of ways to die to make things interesting.

</blockquote>
Hmmm... I haven't played the original Karoshi (yet), so I didn't know that. But what I really meant was not making larger levels, but rather to have more puzzles like #9 and #10.

Quote:<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="10078" data-ipsquote-username="KeyboardWielder" data-cite="KeyboardWielder" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1334513065" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="353" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic">
#9 - Can be "solved" using just 3 blocks.
The next version of karoshi.ccl, if there is one, will fix this bust ...

</blockquote>
But maybe you also want to add this as another level with only 3 blocks... Wink

Quote:#15 has a point to it.
Oh. Well...

I think #19 is unequal - because in MS you could figure it out by putting your ear to the ground, but in Lynx you would have to brute-force all <sup>12</sup>C<sub>6</sub> combinations.
I think the reverse is true, actually.

</blockquote>
How so? In MS you can hear the red button hit, so you can find out which brown buttons are of consequence; whereas in Lynx you can't hear it because blocked cloners don't make a sound. You can hear trappings in Lynx, but that seems difficult to employ because of the two tracks.

- Madhav.
Quote:How so? In MS you can hear the red button hit, so you can find out which brown buttons are of consequence; whereas in Lynx you can't hear it because blocked cloners don't make a sound. You can hear trappings in Lynx, but that seems difficult to employ because of the two tracks.

But the only way to hear the sound of the red button being hit is if you place all of the blocks correctly and then hit the green button (that is, to execute the correct solution). Unless. . .

[Click to Show Content]

I might leave that "bust" in; anything that makes the level easier than trying 5,544 possibilities (aside from finding the intended hint in a previous level) will be left in to ease frustration. Tongue

Edit:

[Click to Show Content]
Quote:I might leave that "bust" in; anything that makes the level easier than trying 5,544 possibilities... Tongue
924, I think. Tongue

- Madhav.
Quote:924, I think. Tongue

- Madhav.

You win at math! I don't!
Curiously, I came up with 5544 as well when I first calculated by hand.

Then after I tried it with factorials in a calculator, I realized that I had probably written the numbers from 12 to 6 in the numerator... Confused

- Madhav.