Any good tips for the 140's in CC1?
In my playthrough of CC1, I am nearing the final levels! I don't really go to the wiki a lot for level solutions, as they usually contain bold solutions. I just wanted to see if anyone has any good tips for the last 10 levels in CC1? Mainly these:

137 - GOLDKEY

140 - ICEDEATH

143 - STRIPES?

146 - CAKE WALK

147 - FORCE FIELD

148 - MIND BLOCK

Thanks. Slight smile [i don't want to take TOO long to finish CC1!

And I just had to say this... TOTALLY UNFAIR IS SO EASY.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:In my playthrough of CC1, I am nearing the final levels! I don't really go to the wiki a lot for level solutions, as they usually contain bold solutions. I just wanted to see if anyone has any good tips for the last 10 levels in CC1? Mainly these:

139 - GOLDKEY

140 - ICEDEATH

143 - STRIPES?

146 - CAKE WALK

147 - FORCE FIELD

148 - MIND BLOCK

139 - GOLDKEY -- I love this level. wait for the bugs to get together. There's only one fake blue wall at the end.

140 - ICEDEATH -- be very patient, or get a map

143 - STRIPES? -- get a map

146 - CAKE WALK -- do the left side first. Trap the fireballs on the right.

147 - FORCE FIELD -- brute force

148 - MIND BLOCK -- patience, grasshopper. Push blocks south as soon as you can
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:In my playthrough of CC1, I am nearing the final levels! I don't really go to the wiki a lot for level solutions, as they usually contain bold solutions. I just wanted to see if anyone has any good tips for the last 10 levels in CC1? Mainly these:

139 - GOLDKEY

140 - ICEDEATH

143 - STRIPES?

146 - CAKE WALK

147 - FORCE FIELD

148 - MIND BLOCK

(Goldkey is 137)

And Force Field requires the most patience of any CC1 level, in my opinion.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Goldkey is 137? oh. Hmm. Thought it was 139 for some reason ^_^

Yeah, Yorkhouse is 139 - that level is actually not too bad, it's more of a "break" level. Then Icedeath. Bummer.

Bronze / Silver / Gold
I don't know if you look at editor maps before you play, but these hints are written from the perspective that you don't. (Then again, if you viewed editor maps, you probably wouldn't be asking for help on levels like Icedeath...) Also, you said "last 10", then listed 5 levels, then started from the 13th last level, so I just said screw it and wrote some advice for all 137-149.

Goldkey - take some time to chart the upper section, don't blindly take action as there are many ways to trap yourself. The goal isn't immediately clear, but if you find the fake wall you should see what's needed to reach the exit.

Partial Post - you don't need to do the blocks one at a time, but other than that massive timesaver there aren't really any solving tips.

Yorkhouse - run

Icedeath - you can either chart a path as you go by trial and error (writing down the correct path when you find it), or you can just open it in an editor / look at the AVI.

Underground - safe solution: try to open the dirt as much as possible. For example, clear all the starting dirt, then release a paramecia and let it go by, then open all the dirt surrounding where the paramecia was, etc. You should have a massive block of land pretty quickly and from there it gets pretty easy. Awesome solution: see yorkhouse

Pentagram - map / AVI / trial and error

Stripes? - you can look at a map, although the pattern should become quickly obvious. Just be patient.

Fireflies - patience, it's all too easy to get hasty and end up having to angrily close an "Ooops!" dialogue box.

Thanks to... - I heard if you manage to complete this level with no fire boots while simultaneously erasing all of the invalid ice/ice tiles, all the secrets of the world get revealed to you. Probably best to just beat this level normally.

Cake Walk - What Dave said for the most part. Block the fireballs with a block (you have tons extra). You can bridge over the ice to reach the left side if you want, which is a ton faster and uses less blocks.

Force Field - The left side of the level is easily completable, but there are only two ways to the right side. Make sure you know how to easily get back to these access points, as you will need to get them often. Also, don't watch the 970 AVI, it'll just make you depressed.

Mind Block - Build south to start, this will allow you to build back up. Once you get the middle section opened up a bit to where you can push the block in any of the 4 directions, it's just a matter of patience. Bonus insanity points for blowing up all the bombs, and super bonus insanity points if you fill all the empty spaces with blocks once you're done.

Special - Assuming you know how the level ends, just look at a map to see which blocks are hot. Failing that, just trial and error it I guess.
Quote:Thanks to... - I heard if you manage to complete this level with no fire boots while simultaneously erasing all of the invalid ice/ice tiles, all the secrets of the world get revealed to you. Probably best to just beat this level normally.

Slight smile Brilliant.
Thanks to... - Yes, you can beat this level without the fire boots quickest by immediately going to the E in Ed H., all the random force floors must push you D successfully to get you to the bottom, then R all the way to the exit.

Edit: I already watched the 970 AVI a while ago.. I think David ate my soul \:

I will do a recap:

137 - GOLDKEY: I need to work on this level quite a bit; I know where I'm going, but just keep dying, so I'll get it eventually.

138 - PARTIAL POST: I know how to do this and can solve it easily.

139 - YORKHOUSE: I know how to do this and can solve it easily.

140 - ICEDEATH: I need to study a map more, I never got past the 15th floor tile when I attempted this for the very first time years ago.

141 - UNDERGROUND: I know how to do this and can solve it easily.

142 - PENTAGRAM: I know how to do this; I have solved it - a little more map/playing around and I will solve this for the (3rd?) time.

143 - STRIPES?: I need to look at a map, rather than just record me pressing keys randomly until I find the exit from one stripe to another.

144 - FIREFLIES: I know how to do this and can solve it easily; if takes a few tries - probably ran into Fireball.

145 - Thanks to...: I am going to attempt the bold route since I feel accomplished if I make it through a 1/64 chance of me getting through five random force floors without hitting fire.

146 - CAKE WALK: I solved this when I was 5: I remember the last part easily; the block pushing part will take a little while to re-memorize.

147 - FORCE FIELD: I'm depressed.

148 - MIND BLOCK: I will get this similar to Cityblock - it will take around 10 minutes probably.

149 - SPECIAL: Fire block JK, I know how to solve SPECIAL by heart. Slight smile

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote: Slight smile Brilliant.

Just had a look at the map of Thanks to... again and to borrow a Rock phrase, (6,8) to (6,10) looks really derpy. That is all.
140 - ICEDEATH: Use the route given on the wiki, it's much easier than using a map. http://chipschallenge.wikia.com/wiki/Icedeath

142 - STRIPES?: You don't need a map for this one. Try not to miss any chips when you go through the maze. If you see any chips NE of where you are, try to get to them first.

147 - FORCE FIELD: Just be patient. Find the path into the right side of the maze and stand on floor tiles to look around and plan your next move.
Quote:140 - ICEDEATH: Use the route given on the wiki, it's much easier than using a map. http://chipschalleng...m/wiki/Icedeath

143 - STRIPES?: You don't need a map for this one. Try not to miss any chips when you go through the maze. If you see any chips NE of where you are, try to get to them first.

147 - FORCE FIELD: Just be patient. Find the path into the right side of the maze and stand on floor tiles to look around and plan your next move.

Thanks Wink

Also, fixed something in your post in the quote. Slight smile

Bronze / Silver / Gold