Any good tips for the 140's in CC1?
Yeah, for ICEDEATH write down what's safe or check the wiki.

Remember in FORCE FIELD, you can boost to stay in one place on the ff to get a handle of your surroundings and upcoming turns.

For STRIPES, get the chips and go to the exit. If needed, have a snack in between or even sleep a bit, just don't close the game before the level is done.

We all await your successes!
Quote:Yeah, for ICEDEATH write down what's safe or check the wiki.

Remember in FORCE FIELD, you can boost to stay in one place on the ff to get a handle of your surroundings and upcoming turns.

For STRIPES, get the chips and go to the exit. If needed, have a snack in between or even sleep a bit, just don't close the game before the level is done.

We all await your successes!

Thanks Miika! Slight smile

Currently, I'm at 125 - MIXED NUTS. That level gets tough at the second block part, where you have to push them into the bombs. I'm not looking forward to DOUBLEMAZE, either - but other than that level, I'm excited! Especially with ALL FULL coming up - one of my favorites as a child on Windows 98.

Here's my CC1 playlist on YouTube if anyone wants to watch my playthrough of each level:

ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
You have to push blocks into bombs in Mixed Nuts...?
Quote:You have to push blocks into bombs in Mixed Nuts...?

If I recall, you do.. or is my memory failing on me.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
There's the section where you zig-zag blocks into water...and later on, there are blocks you can push with chips under them in a room next to the bomb room, but the bombs don't need to be destroyed.
I was so depressed with Force Field. My husband and I would have it open on the computer for days, sometimes getting down to as little as 2 chips left, but never finished it. Some ofthe boostings were too difficult, I, like, closed my eyes and pressed random arrow keys hoping for the best. Then eventually I took the time to learn how to get the timing correct - exactly how long time to wait from stepping off a floor tile til I had to press the arrow key to boost Chip in the right direction. Once I got that, it wasn't that hard. (I'll never attempt to do that level with a good time though - thankfully it's untimed!)
Quote:I was so depressed with Force Field. My husband and I would have it open on the computer for days, sometimes getting down to as little as 2 chips left, but never finished it. Some ofthe boostings were too difficult, I, like, closed my eyes and pressed random arrow keys hoping for the best. Then eventually I took the time to learn how to get the timing correct - exactly how long time to wait from stepping off a floor tile til I had to press the arrow key to boost Chip in the right direction. Once I got that, it wasn't that hard. (I'll never attempt to do that level with a good time though - thankfully it's untimed!)

That story pretty much sums up my experience with Force Field as a kid. If it were timed, that would just be evil, even if it were 999.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:I was so depressed with Force Field. My husband and I would have it open on the computer for days, sometimes getting down to as little as 2 chips left, but never finished it. Some ofthe boostings were too difficult, I, like, closed my eyes and pressed random arrow keys hoping for the best.

Yeah, this was pretty much my experience with Doublemaze. Never again.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
All in can say is, be glad you're playing CC1. The only level that truly qualifies as hard in that set is BLOCK BUSTER, MS mode only, although the "corrupt" version of SPIRALS definitely qualifies in MS mode too.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
+1 to the above.

BLOCK BUSTER definitely caused more rage than any other level in CC1 for me. Now I've finished CC1 again I can pretend there never was a level 89 in that set. MIX UP was probably the next worse for me; it took me ages to get the hang of snatching the last block away from the teeth in the SW room, especially since it is preceded by about four minutes of block pushing every time you mess it up >_>

I actually find FORCE FIELD gets harder the longer you're on the level, it hurts my eyes if I stare at it too long.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl