The greatness of Twilight
Just kidding. With luck, this thread will digress into an engaging discussion about the virtues of the lovely, delicious, absolutely adorable Kristen Stewart, for whom I would gladly give up the entirety of my Bob Dylan collection. But at any rate, I think general Twilight-bashing would be agreeable enough for all concerned.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
My Bob Dylan collection consists entirely of a vinyl copy of Biograph.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Let's just say that for two years of my life, I listened to literally nothing but Bob Dylan. My overall music collection has to be comprised of at least 10% Dylan material, including bootlegs. It used to be something closer to 99%.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Had a Dylan worshipper as a college roommate. He also made me like coffee.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Dylan > XTC > Britney Spears > Coffee
Twilight in 3 bullet points:

1) Girl is created with pretty much no backstory, appearance, distinguishable personality traits, or anything otherwise identifiable, in such a way that most females on the planet can relate to her

2) Guy is created by author that is pretty much perfect in every way (and is described as such), and falls profoundly in love with girl

3) Since most females can relate to Ms. ??? and most of those enjoy the romantic fantasy that they can vicariously live, the series has high female approval ratings whereas most guys read it and go "dafuq?"

[x] Good appeal

[x] Good marketing

[_] Good writing
^This.

One critic I heard says that the author is not a particularly good writer, but is excellent at describing the feelings of adolescent girls.

Must be something like that. It does nothing for me. Not a fan of vampires anyway.
I pray that this Bob Dylan discussion takes over the thread. Wink
"Some are mathematicians, some are carpenter's wives."

I'll always love Bob for putting mathematicians in a song.
My favorite BD release is, by far, The Bootleg Series Vol. 1-3. Proof that Bob, as brilliant a writer as he is, lacks perspective on his own work.

And I think James pretty much nailed Twilight.