I just played through...
What have you been playing casaully? Also, do you have a set to recommend for me to play next?

I'll start. This week I finished playing through JBLP1, after recently completing Ida4, BHLS2, and geodave3. All of these I can recommend for enjoyable playing. I should write some reviews if I have the time, but it's so much easier just to play than comment :-)

I also have a some levels left in JoshL1-lynx.dat (if I remember the name right), and have started playing MO1.dat, mybest37, Lessinath_CCLP1_levels_2, JoshL2, MikeL2, and TS0. But which of these should I concentrate on first before moving on to the others, or should I still dig up some old level set that I haven't really tried? If you've played any of these yourself, it would be great to hear how you would classify or describe the set as a whole.

Am very interested in hearing any comments on any levels and sets you've played recently. It seems there are so many to choose from, that even some good ones slip through because there simply isn't enough time to play through everything. On the plus side, this means the next CCLP should have some new unfamiliar levels to play!
I'll be releasing a best of TomP2 and TomP3 MS/Lynx compatible compilation set named TomP2Remix soon. I have TomP4Demo too. I wouldn't mind you trying them. M11k4. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:I'll be releasing a best of TomP2 and TomP3 MS/Lynx compatible compilation set named TomP2Remix soon. I wouldn't mind you trying that. M11k4. Slight smile

When I have the time, I will. I have played through TomP1fixed and TomP2, but never got around to 3. But you might have known this since I've posted my scores at pieguy's site. (Am still waiting for someone to try and beat a few of them!) I never got around to the third one because at the time I was playing through everything totally blind and the invalid tile combinations were getting a bit old by the end of 2 to say the least :-) Only after watching Rock's Let's play of 1 did I really notice how annoyed I could've been if I hadn't been enjoying myself so much. But I'll try the new one once you release it to see what the levels feel like now.
Quote:When I have the time, I will. I have played through TomP1fixed and TomP2, but never got around to 3. But you might have known this since I've posted my scores at pieguy's site. (Am still waiting for someone to try and beat a few of them!) I never got around to the third one because at the time I was playing through everything totally blind and the invalid tile combinations were getting a bit old by the end of 2 to say the least :-) Only after watching Rock's Let's play of 1 did I really notice how annoyed I could've been if I hadn't been enjoying myself so much. But I'll try the new one once you release it to see what the levels feel like now.

TomP1Special will get rid of rockdet's issues. TomP2Remix will fix the invalid tile problems of my favourite TomP2 levels, so you won't have to worry about that. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking back then, Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
MikeL2 is a really fun set to play with a lot of variety. Slight smile It's long but so worth the journey. And even more fun to optimize - we need more names on that scoreboard!

I've been going through TS0 slowly - will comment more upon completion of more levels.

And I'm hoping to play MO1 soon.
Quote:MikeL2 is a really fun set to play with a lot of variety. Slight smile It's long but so worth the journey. And even more fun to optimize - we need more names on that scoreboard!

Thanks John! Although I should mention that MikeL2 has quite a few instances of guesswork that are frowned upon as of recently, so you might want to have an editor handy while playing... Tongue Also watch out for the awkward placement of #50 and 63, which replaced older levels and were made much later than the rest of the pre-#149 levels, and therefore would have fit better much later in the set - although if I had done that, MikeL2 wouldn't be at a nice even 200 levels. Smiley

So you're welcome to continue with MikeL2, Miika, but if that's scared you off Smiley, you could always try MikeL3, which mixes some new levels with some of my older levels that have been modified to be more fair. Plus it's much shorter of a set at only 35 levels... Thumbs up
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
35 levels? Sounds like it's high time for a "Jumble" at this point in the set...Wink
I heard about a recommendation for CharlesH1 on another thread here; I enjoyed that set. A lot of the levels are very simple, but they're also a lot of fun. The "remixes" and variation levels are pretty cool.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
There's a fun 149-level set with small levels called Chipper.dat (I believe) on pieguy's site. Slight smile It was the center of many score reports for quite a while on the NG at one point.
The major levelsets that I've been playing in the last few months (all in Lynx mode) are:-

ArchieP1

JoshL3

CCLP2

bigoto7

ajmiam-pit-of-100-tiles

For each levelset, in the order listed above, I was playing one for several days or weeks until the next one came along and took my attention with it. I downloaded JBLP1 today, so I guess that will occupy me for a while now...

Other than the "big" ones above, I always try to take a look at new puzzles in TS0, Bowman1 and tensorpudding, and randomly check out updates to geodave3 and Ida4.

Much as I'd like to spend some time to give feedback on individual levels, I simply don't seem to have that kind of time available anymore. So I'll just say that ArchieP1 and ajmiam* are highly recommended, and I expect to see a lot of levels from them in CCLP1.

- Madhav.