CCLP Contributor award
Well, it seems like MS is the standard, even though it's not the original. It's very unlikely there'd be a following for this game without Best of Windows Entertainment Pack.

So, adapting Lynx mode to use a couple MS things (button wirings and west and north thin walls) seems logical. Not including the MS glitches was an interesting decision, but I think a good one. I'm not so impressed with block-slapping, but it was in the original so I guess that makes sense -- as well as the monster movement differences.

The MS glitches are apparently mistakes, so I think I can see the reasoning.

Allowing teleports to be "wired" would be different than BOTH the MS and Lynx originals.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Allowing teleports to be "wired" would be different than BOTH the MS and Lynx originals.

That's a good point, and I guess the best argument against it...but then, was button wiring really established in the original? Given that none of the levels were changed, how would you ever know? The change didn't affect gameplay in the slightest. It was merely a coding thing...right?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Buttons were "wired" in the original such that a clone machine's or trap's closest button in reverse reading order would be the one to which it was connected, in much the same way teleports worked. However, MS introduced the idea of arbitrary clone/trap connections, which allowed buttons to be connected to a machine or trap designated by the player.
Yeah, it was probably a coding thing. Just like the two levels and the difference in the way movements are calculated. From what I've read the programmers didn't really have access to the original, so had to make some guesses.

However, the c/b glitch was not a decision, it was a coding error.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:That's a good point, and I guess the best argument against it...but then, was button wiring really established in the original? Given that none of the levels were changed, how would you ever know? The change didn't affect gameplay in the slightest. It was merely a coding thing...right?
I guess the MS guys would have explicitly wired the teleports as well if it hadn't been for stuff like partial posting...

- Madhav.
I've particularly enjoyed what Chuck's Challenge has done: two differently colored sets of teleports.
Quote:I've particularly enjoyed what Chuck's Challenge has done: two differently colored sets of teleports.

Only the teleports work really weirdly... They don't work the same way as CC at all, which is what I don't like about them.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I tried submitting an adaptation of "Blue Moon," which worked quite differently thanks to this behavior. Tongue
Quote:I tried submitting an adaptation of "Blue Moon," which worked quite differently thanks to this behavior. Tongue

Yeah, I saw. It bugged me mainly because if you entered the teleport in one direction, it would open the lock that direction and the spit you out a different direction.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I contributed Block Head and Mouth-Watering to CCLP3. Gimme a thing!