Do you use slang terms that aren't native to your country?
When I was in high school, I knew a guy who aspired to "open a zoo...like Steve Irwin."

(Peripherally related, but related nonetheless.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
One of my Aussie friends loves using the Japanese exclamation "Yosh!" a lot. Smiley
Oi!
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:One of my Aussie friends loves using the Japanese exclamation "Yosh!" a lot. Smiley

I say the Japanese word Sayonara sometimes instead of goodbye. You'd be surprised how many people don't know what that means.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I only know it from a song by The Pogues. Great band, great song from a great album.
Is it sad that everytime I hear "Sayonara," I think of the "Sayonara Boys" from "I Survived a Japanese Game Show!"? (Yes, this was the inspiration for THAT CC level...)
I think we all have weird (or at least off-beat) associations with certain words and phrases. Some are just more obscure than others. Wink
Every time I hear "Hot Ziggity!", I think of a certain game series whose name I probably shouldn't mention here, just in case it inspires yet another yet another thread. Tongue
It'll probably be a while before I start another thread, lest I be tarred and feathered. Wink

(Though I'm tickled at the thought of a thread entitled "Yet Another Yet Another Thread")
Oh, no...I may have opened Pandora's Box yet again. Tongue