Do you use slang terms that aren't native to your country?
I always use terms like "bollocks," "wanker," "tenner," "fiver," etc. I even tend to use the English versions of certain obscenities. Needless to say, I sometimes get odd looks during conversations.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Awesome! Chip Win
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I suspect I've just been dissed, but I can't say for sure.

Grumble.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Monty Python influence at a young age left me with some odd expressions.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Holy Grail, like The Big Lebowski and A Clockwork Orange, was one of those films that everyone I knew in school raved about and quoted ad nauseum...can't say I ever got into any of 'em.

As much as I dig British music and spellings, I generally can't cotton to their humour.
Never saw The Big Lebowski or A Clockwork Orange, although I get the feeling I should. Caddyshack was probably the most quoted movie when I was in school. The must-see movie for my generation was St. Elmo's Fire.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
And I thought my generation was doomed! Wink
Well, I had a crush on Ally Sheedy after Wargames, so maybe I'm biased.

BTW, if you did too, you might want to avoid a movie called High Art. It was very disillusioning.
How is it disillusioning?

I never really had celebrity crushes. The elitist in me liked to think that I was above that sort of thing. Nevertheless, I would do pretty much anything that Jennifer Connelly asked me to.
Ahhh Jennifer Connelly. Or more specifically her character in A Beautiful Mind. I can almost relate to that lead character...except I'm not that smart.

Ally Sheedy was sort of an 80s icon -- a nice break between the anorexia of the 70s and the anorexia of the 90s. So when she actually HAD an eating disorder and then appeared in a movie where she is skinny and ODs, well, it was like killing a fond memory. Other than that, it was a pretty good movie Tongue ("Other than that, how did you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?")