Have you ever run over an animal?
Quote:I'd sometimes like to as well. I remember playing a random shareware game when I was a kid that spelled "practice" as "practise," to which my parents said, "Oh, that's just BRITISH."

With that tone, I naturally assumed the British were evil. Tongue

I'm a big fan of the extra "u" in colour, humour, honour, etc. And though I spell "practice" the American way, it sometimes bugs me. I feel like a half-breed, or something.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Exactly!

Ah, I know a few people who would probably put themselves into that category. They're some of the most awesome people I know, too. Slight smile
I always think "practise" should be pronounced "practize". And I always want to pronounce "colour" slightly different than "color".
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
That reminds me of a time many years ago when I edited an article on Wikipedia describing some British castle or something, and changed a word to the American spelling although I don't remember which exact word it was. The moderator that caught me wasn't too happy since British articles should use their spelling. Teeth

Aw, geesh... did I really just post in this thread again? Thank goodness it's off topic for once!
Quote: And I always want to pronounce "colour" slightly different than "color".

Me too! Maybe that's why I like it.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.