Have you ever run over an animal?
I see dead squirrels, deers, etc. all the time along the roadside, but I've never actually hit one myself (thank goodness). I've also never seen anyone else hit 'em.

These are the things I think about when I'm driving around rural roads at night, and I'm paranoid about a fawn jumping out in front of my car.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Yep, hit a baby groundhog once. Way bummer. Also had many many near misses.

And once a bird hit my windshield.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I hit a young bear (maybe a few months old) once and didn't stick around to see how angry Mommy Bear would be. I did call it in when I got to the next town. Vehicle damage was relatively minor.

Slight frown
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
This is too depressing.......... thankfully I've never seen it happen...
I've never seen a bird fly into any window, period. Apparently it happens, though.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I saw this topic and I was like "what the hell?" I never thought a type of topic like this would be created but whatever...

I never hit anything before with my car so I'm safe to say that I'm safe lol.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
It's the Internet. Any type of topic is fair game.

I've never hit anything with my car before either. Knock on wood. Sometimes I'm tempted to rev up the car and drive down the street knocking down trash cans. It's probably good that I only have these urges when I'm in a state that completely precludes the possibility of driving (I.e., I'm semi-awake in the middle of the night, trying to remember if I might have taken too many Tylenol PM's).
Ran over a few bunnies and foxes down our village road, but nothing bigger than that.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I've almost hit a deer on occasion...
Most traumatic was being in a car (not as driver) that fatally ran over a kid's pet dog that ran into the street. Have hit songbirds, a grouse, two deer or rather, they ran into me. The last one knocked off my driver's side mirror, then ran off. I have never killed one.