JBLP1
#58 (Guard Dogs) is possible with only 4 blocks and keys, and it's possible to lead all of the teeth into the bombs once you get one of the chips... Are those busts or intended shortcuts?
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
A new version of JBLP1 has been uploaded with the following changes:

#23 (Burning Question): "Centipede" removed and replaced with this new level.

#26 (Start at the End): Moved to this position.

#57 (Science Museum): "Politically Correct" removed and replaced with this new level.

#73 (Four Doors): Removed guesswork in NW room.

#93 (Crate Packing) Moved toggle door in first room one space to the left to prevent flicking bust in MS.

The set is available here and the Yahoo! group. Enjoy - feedback is welcome!
Finally finished this set last night... Great set! Lots of good CCLP1 candidates in here... The levels I struggled most on were:

#24 (Juxtaposition) - Embarrassingly, this was the first level I had to peek in the editor at... Confused Although it was mainly because I thought the level might be solvable because I couldn't find the last chip... I think it was one of the ones on the edge, so it couldn't have been seen from inside the main "square"...

#41 (Checkpoints) - Not sure if I had to look at the editor for this one or if I just lucked into the solution... I see the hint about the counterclockwise pattern which I must've missed when I originally played the level...

#87 (Over and Under) - Not as hard as it originally looked, I guess, but still struggled a bit on this one...

#88 (Skydiver's Maze) - This level was probably the hardest in the set for me... Had to look in the editor, and found the solution rather quickly - turned out one of my ideas that I had already considered and then moved on from was involved in the solution after all... Rolling eyes

#91 (Pattern) - Struggled a bit figuring out the block placement in the second block room... After figuring it out, the hint seems pretty clear, so I don't think anything needs to be changed here...

#93 (Crate Packing) - Took a little while to figure out how to pack those crates in the second "warehouse"... Tongue

#96 (Bulge) - My last real struggle of the set (although perhaps I would've been stuck on Japanese Game Show longer if I hadn't already solved it in JL1... Wink).
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Loved "Science Museum." It was very Sontag-esque. Reminded me of "Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me" and "Xenocide."
~Bowman
Quote:#88 (Skydiver's Maze) - This level was probably the hardest in the set for me... Had to look in the editor, and found the solution rather quickly - turned out one of my ideas that I had already considered and then moved on from was involved in the solution after all... Rolling eyes

If it's the idea that I'm thinking of, it's the one that really motivated me to spend more time making the maze even trickier. Wink The whole premise of this level was to come up with something where the player could theoretically wander around the entire playing area but would need to guide a block along a specific route.

Quote:Loved "Science Museum." It was very Sontag-esque. Reminded me of "Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me" and "Xenocide."

Thanks, Bowman! It's one of my favorites too.

I've posted an update to the set that corrects some minor busts and makes a certain level look a tad better. Changes made:

- #24 (Juxtaposition): Replaced empty floor tiles in corners of blue wall square with fake walls.

- #31 (Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune): Added green key/door as a requirement for reaching the exit to prevent using the block to fill in water space at (19, 16) should bug be the final monster to route. Replaced north-facing walker with south-facing walker to prevent potential unsolvable scenario in Lynx in which the paramecia cloner is activated last.*

- #39 (Falling): Added green key/door to force player to navigate first room after collecting flippers.*
I played through this set upon its initial release, but somehow didn't get around to giving much feedback. I enjoyed the set and really liked the difficulty curve and variety. Having played JL1 earlier, there was a noticeable amount of repeats, but this is not an issue for newer players. The new levels clearly emphasized a simple and straightforward approach in the design, making the levels play quite elegantly. I recommend the set as a must play for all Chipsters!

My own personal highlights included:

#24 (Start at the End) - a modern take on Nuts and Bolts that comes together very nicely

#31 (Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune) - terrible name but a nice concept to get players thinking about each monster's properties

#40 (Comfort Zone) - a fun mix of puzzle and dodging

#40 (Quad) - this was good before, and still was fun

#53 (Slime Slider) - an interesting study in the life of blobs

#60 (Let's Just Be Friends) - creating something that works as a puzzle and as a picture isn't simple

#61 (A Study in Pink) - a diverse use of one type of monster and clearly a thoughtful design

#69 (Hive Mentality) - sometimes simple ideas make for enjoyable levels, but not all such ideas should be stretched to the whole playing area. This one should.

#75 (Spin Cycle) - a pleasant symmetry goes well with the concept of pushing blocks that are faster than you. Bonus for no slide delay.

#77 (Sisyphus) - a decent way to spend your a little time with a block you love

#99 (Japanese Game Show) - some great original ideas here and great replay value, though I kind of miss the time limit.

The low points for me were

#25 (Modern Art Gallery) - a little too simple and invisible walls are difficult to make fun

#28 (Centipede) - I would actually like this without the centipede. As it is, it's quite chaotic, particularly to optimize.

#41 (Checkpoints) - maybe a decent concept that just didn't work for me

#57 (Politically Correct) - a like item swappers, and good uses of blobs, but this wasn't a nice mix.

#63 (Mirages) - every designer needs to make a fake maze. It doesn't mean we need to like them all.

#87 (Over and Under) - somehow I find this hard to visualize, both for initial solve and then for optimizing.

#91 (Pattern) - at least you didn't start with this again. Hot blocks are so hard to do nicely.

#?? (Run of the Mill) - this level was missing!! Well, I have something to look forward to :-)

The best updates awards go to #50 (Gridlock), #87 (Hodge Dodge), #93 (Crate Packing), and #98 (Crosshairs). All these levels had elements that worked last time, but now are simple better.

Thanks to JB for this set of levels, and am looking forward to the next two!

-Miika
Quote:#31 (Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune) - terrible name but a nice concept to get players thinking about each monster's properties

The title is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, therefore it's a great name.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
He's repressing me!

Bloody peasant!

Oh, what a give-away!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:

The best updates awards go to #50 (Gridlock), #87 (Hodge Dodge), #93 (Crate Packing), and #98 (Crosshairs). All these levels had elements that worked last time, but now are simple better.

Crosshairs was possibly my favorite level from JL1 and the remake was an awesome way to make it simpler without ruining it, so I totally agree. That being said, I like the original better.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I've updated this with the following changes:

#34 (Chip Skate): Changed direction of ice corner at (2, 17) to avoid unintended solution.*

#42 (Starry Night): Added hint to assist with navigation of SE room.

*denotes change that could possibly affect TWS solution for previous version

The set is available at the Yahoo! group, pieguy's site, and here for all to enjoy. Have fun chipping!

P.S. For Miika: level 57 totally got removed and replaced with a new level by the time you made that post. Wink