JBLP1
Hey all,

I've just posted my new level set, JBLP1, to the Downloads section. This is the start of a new continuity in my level packs - from now on, all of my level sets will contain 100 levels and will be named JBLP2, 3, and so forth. There are only three sets planned currently for this series, each with a similar difficulty curve, but more may come in the future. All of the levels in this set are MS-, Lynx-, and Pedantic Lynx-compatible and are available for consideration for all future community-produced level packs.

As mentioned on the set's description, 39 of the 100 levels in this set appeared in my previous set, JL1, but many of them have since been modified for this release for various reasons. A full list of changes will be availble soon.

Comments on the levels in this set and suggestions for future levels are certainly welcome. Hope you all enjoy the new levels! Slight smile
So JBLP1 is going to be a remix of remastered JB levels both brand new and old? Sounds pretty good if you ask me. Are some of them in the levelset previews. JB?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
All of the levels with previews I posted in the gallery do appear in this set, though some have been modified since the pictures were posted.

None of my levels from CCLP3 appear in this set, by the way. They may yet appear in either of the two forthcoming sets, though. But I wanted to keep this level set completely eligible for voting - credits level notwithstanding - in case the second set isn't finished by the submission deadline.

Also, JBLP1 is available - I didn't mean to make it sound like it was still in the works. Slight smile
Nice idea! Maybe I should namemy 149-level-project "IRLP1" instead of IdaR1! It would be neat to have a collectible bunch of unofficial LPs made by community members - sets that are a bit bigger (like yours), are thoroughly worked through (which I assume yours is), and a bit more "set in stone" and doesn't get updated every so often. Not that I dislike the other kinds of sets, but it would be nice to collect these...

So far, I've only played through your tutorials:

#3 - the hint seems to be too long, it's invisible in my window.

#7 - this is a really neat tutorial! how nice of you to leave the hot blocks next to the fires, I actually got that on first try Wink Also I liked the first bomb room - "Do NOT hit the wrong bomb with your only block" - I never thought of using that in a tutorial.

#8 - I completed this level without stepping on any pop-up wall (I wanted to look around first to avoid cooking the level by stepping on the wrong one, then realising I didn't need to use them.) a small risk of not distinguishing them from bear traps then, for a new player.

#10 - haha, I really pressed the green button at the wrong time, when the paramecium was at 19,15, sot it went all the way down round the bug room and round the three gravel corners before finally hitting the bomb... :S Nice with the ice and bug, never saw anything like that!!

#11 - I should know better than to take both boots at the same time, but I was fine since I could build the bridge, then take the fire chip & red key, then the water chips.

Looking forward to playing your "real" levels later!
Quote:So far, I've only played through your tutorials:

#3 - the hint seems to be too long, it's invisible in my window.

Will fix in next update.

Quote:#7 - this is a really neat tutorial! how nice of you to leave the hot blocks next to the fires, I actually got that on first try Wink Also I liked the first bomb room - "Do NOT hit the wrong bomb with your only block" - I never thought of using that in a tutorial.

Thank you! The original version of this level actually had a much more complicated "one-block sokoban" section with the bombs, but Madhav (I think?) suggested something simpler, so I figured one bomb squarely in the way could still be appropriate.

Quote:#8 - I completed this level without stepping on any pop-up wall (I wanted to look around first to avoid cooking the level by stepping on the wrong one, then realising I didn't need to use them.) a small risk of not distinguishing them from bear traps then, for a new player.

The idea here was to showcase pop-up walls in such a way that a player could not at all cook the level by experimenting with them (actually, this is a base principle I tried to weave throughout the tutorial levels). I think a new player will check them out, though, if only because it's a new item that - at least in the context of this set - has not appeared before.

Quote:#10 - haha, I really pressed the green button at the wrong time, when the paramecium was at 19,15, sot it went all the way down round the bug room and round the three gravel corners before finally hitting the bomb... :S Nice with the ice and bug, never saw anything like that!!

This was actually intentional. Again, I was hoping to make a level where a "mistake" would not cook the level and could actually provide a learning opportunity - in this case, how the paramecium moved when going both clockwise and counter-clockwise. The ice and bug section at the end was just something goofy for the last room to walk around or through after the little puzzle beforehand. Slight smile It was actually inspired by Madhav's "Suspended Animation," though in this case, it's a lot easier to determine the bug's pattern and just simply walk around it.

Quote:#11 - I should know better than to take both boots at the same time, but I was fine since I could build the bridge, then take the fire chip & red key, then the water chips.

Actually, taking both boots at the same time is the only way this level can be completed - unlike the original Lesson 7, which would be cooked this way. There was originally a block that could be pushed out of the teleport maze after entering it through the fire, but I eventually came to the conclusion that it was unnecessary and just made everything more complicated.

Quote:Looking forward to playing your "real" levels later!

Thanks for the comments, Ida - can't wait to hear your thoughts on what lies ahead!
I keep getting eaten by the teeth in Gridlock Slight frown
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:Maybe I should name my 149-level-project "IRLP1" instead of IdaR1!
Please don't. I hate custom levelset names that have only two characters for the author - especially when followed by the redundant "LP".

(Sorry JB and Tyler...)

- Madhav.
Well I got up 38 so far of your set J.B. and it's looking really nice! Slight smile

Too lazy to post comments right now I will when I get further into it Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Thanks, Josh! A new version has been uploaded that addresses the following issues:

#3 (Meddling Monsters): Edited hint to fit in MSCC window.

#35 (Critter Craze): Corrected chip count from 40 to 42.*

#41 (Checkpoints): Edited hint to fit in MSCC window.

#42 (Starry Night): Corrected bust that allowed for solutions that use only two yellow keys.*

#77 (Sisyphus): Corrected bust that allowed for solutions that skip the two upper rooms.*

#86 (Chains): Edited SE corner ball's pattern to mimic that of mirroring NW paramecium. Both of monsters have been moved in their respective rooms.*

*Indicates edits that may affect TWS solutions for previous version.
A new version has been uploaded that addresses this issue:

#73 (Four Doors): Corrected solvability of NW room.

Thanks to Miika for the heads up!