Anime
James, on your advice I started watching MSMM. I just finished episode 6. Given your disclaimer I had expected something altogether more vapid in the beginning, but I think that the slow pace, with subtle foreshadowing, was fine.
I think it's fine as well, but then again I'm never quick to write off a show's potential. Most people watch the first two episodes and assume/figure it's just a typical magical girl anime. Also, once you finish the series, there's about 1 extra minute after the ending sequence plays. It isn't much, but for completeness' sake. (speaking of the opening/ending sequences, how differently you look at them once you finish the series...)

Also, my list indeed has a variety of shows on it Tongue I tend to enjoy a wide variety of both stories and music. (and @ Lessinath: that's awesome Thumbs up)
Okay, the ending of MSMM was really strange. Reminds me of Lain's ending, not sure how much I like it. But there was some undeniable greatness in the second half of that show. Definitely a Tier 2 in my ranking system.
"Magical girl anime"...LOL
Quote:Okay, the ending of MSMM was really strange. Reminds me of Lain's ending, not sure how much I like it. But there was some undeniable greatness in the second half of that show. Definitely a Tier 2 in my ranking system.

I loved the ending, although I can see reasons why one wouldn't. Also, how many tiers are there in this ranking system Tongue

Quote:"Magical girl anime"...LOL

What are you laughing about Tongue
Well, it's a ranking from 1 to 5, 1 being near perfection, 2 being extremely great, 3 being good-but-with-flaws, 4 being i-don't-like-it-but-i-acknowledge-that-it-has-its-charms, and 5 is everything worse that that.

Most animes I really like are in 2, like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Dennou Coil, and now MSMM. It's a good place to be.

The ending wasn't bad...

[Click to Show Content]
Quote:Well, it's a ranking from 1 to 5, 1 being near perfection, 2 being extremely great, 3 being good-but-with-flaws, 4 being i-don't-like-it-but-i-acknowledge-that-it-has-its-charms, and 5 is everything worse that that.

Most animes I really like are in 2, like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Dennou Coil, and now MSMM. It's a good place to be.

The ending wasn't bad...

<div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler>
[Click to Show Content]

Fair enough. Glad you enjoyed it in any case Slight smile Also, I'm a bit surprised you enjoy Haruhi Suzumiya...it's one of my favourites as well. Still haven't finished watching Evangelion yet, been spending too much time optimizing CC levels Tongue
Still haven't finished watching Evangelion yet -_- I lol'd at this, though:

While this is still on-topic: Here's some anime that hasn't been listed yet. It's actually really good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nar..._episodes. You should check it out when you get the chance. Thumbs up
For the record, my anime culture is basically only made of Pokemon and Cardcaptor Sakura. I also happen to know a little bit of the DB and Naruto series just by being dipped in it here and there by my sisters and some video games. I believe I'll start my anime journey with Death Note.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow