What did you want to be when you were little?
The cliche is that little boys want to be policemen or firemen, but I never wanted either of those occupations. I always wanted to do something "creative." I wanted to be an inventor, a songwriter, a writer (period)...stuff like that.

The sad thing is that, since I was eleven or so, I've had no such ambitions (at least ones that I take seriously). As long as I'm at a job that is significantly (or even marginally) better than living off of soup kitchens, checks from Uncle Sam, and the generosity of various religious groups, I'll be relatively happy.

Is it even realistic to try to get your dream job anymore (assuming that you have one)?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Video game tester. Which I kinda still want to.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Is that even an occupation? I was under the impression that beta-testers usually don't get paid. But then, I'm not a gamer, so I could be way off on that...

I do remember hearing a lot of people talking about how they wanted to be video game designers. Yet another market that I can't see how people ever get into, unless they know someone or start their own company or, ahem, "flirt" their way to the top.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I never actually really cared about this stuff then... But recently I've wanted to be a kid again. You know, when we didn't have to worry about anything...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I always wanted to be a kid. I mean, I @%#$-ing hated it (especially school), but I knew even then that it was better than growing up.

I'm not exactly what you'd call "optimistic" or "cheery," in case you haven't noticed.
When I was around 5-8 I wanted to be a singer... Then once I got interested in computers around age 9 I wanted to start my own computer company... By age 11 I wanted to be a programmer, then when I was 17 I became interested in being a radio DJ... Now I've got just a little over a year left of college and I don't know what I want to do. Laughing Probably something in radio or video, I guess... My dream job would probably be working on a TV show, but since I don't plan on moving to New York or Los Angeles that's probably unlikely... Tongue
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
I wanted to be Superman. Still do.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
You know who I wanted to be? I wanted to be the Master from The Brave Little Toaster. I had these visions of my appliances coming to my aid anytime I was in peril.
I wanted to be an astonaut. (Mercury), Then a marine biologist when I was 12. Never thought I would study marine biology and end up in forestry research, computer programming, and grandparenting.

ian
I wouldn't have minded pursuing a career with the NPS. The part about spending your time surrounded by nature appealed to me; the requirement to study some form of science did not.