Amazing Disappearing Pink Ball Glitch
Years ago, I noticed that in FOUR PLEX, if you step exactly so (in MS), you can limit the number of pink balls created to one. I thought that balls were disappearing, but then the community at large convinced me that you could prevent the balls from being created in the first place by stepping at the right time.

Well, community, you were wrong. The pink balls ARE created, and then DO disappear. The proof is in this video:

Prove me wrong!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Video's not working.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Video's not working.
patience -- it's working now. Took FOREVER to upload.

Stupid ISP.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Hmm...interesting (the disappearing pink ball...not my lack of patience). Could it possibly be a TW2 bug?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Nope -- I noticed it years ago when I only had MSCC.

It appears that the TWO balls only clone ONE ball. Weird mechanics.
Here is a level showing the mechanics:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/57-pinkballdat/

Basically, the first ball clones a new ball, but when the second ball tries to clone a new ball, the first new ball is in the way.

Soooo, I'm not sure if it's a glitch or just mechanics. Note that you CAN'T do this in Lynx.
It happens because of the monster order (which exists in MS and not in Lynx). I'm too lazy to explain it in full detail Thumbs up
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
If you reverse the monster order it doesn't happen, BUT that does not explain why it DOES happen.
Yes it does. Label the balls from top to bottom with the numbers 1 - 4. Ball 1 clones ball 3 successfully and ball 3 is placed on the bottom of the monster list. Ball 2 then presses the button and ball 4 fails to clone. This is because ball 2 is higher than ball 3 on the monster list. Ball 2 will essentially press the button before ball 3 has moved, and ball 4 won't clone because ball 3 is still one tile above the clone machine.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:http://youtu.be/-eCwmr3OosA

I'm tempted to make a CC Comic out of stills from this video. It seems ripe with humourous possibilities.