Submission duration?
I appreciate the enthusiasm that everyone clearly has for the project, but I think it needs to be mixed with a bit of prudence as well. After all, has anyone considered yet how CCLP1/Tile World is going to be promoted? No use having a "for beginners" level pack if we don't have anyone to distribute it to.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:(Unless all the sets submitted for CCLP3 are auto-considered for CCLP1, but that doesn't seem to be happening...)

It's still being considered, actually, especially since there are some sets that would be incredibly foolish to leave out (e.g. JoshB_Lynx)
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:I do like you a lot, though, Dave. Slight smile

Same to you Smiley

And the point of a deadline is to get people to get serious about submitting -- we can always extend it if there is reason.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Agreed there. Hadn't we pushed towards doing this thing, you guys would probably still be in CCLP3 mode saying "I got time, took 3 years, will take 3 years again."

Screw laziness. If you had to have ideas for CCLP1, they should already be ongoing and most possibly done with. No intervention on our hand and it'd still be the same argument listed above, while now we're pushing towards it. We told you what we want, you had time to think of it (5 months is enough to produce what you have to produce CC1-difficulty-style), we'd have to conclude at some point that either you weren't interested in contributing (which is too bad in a way), having shown absolutely no concrete proof of working in this direction, you haven't had any idea up to now (which is very unlikely) or you were too lazy to start working on it, in which case we can't wait forever.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
There's always another CCLP. We gotta get this one going.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
On the one hand, yes, this need moved along in a timely manner. On the other hand, we don't want to rush it out too quickly. It's about finding that sweet spot.

I don't think we're there yet, I would have pushed for submissions to end at the end of April, but that's just my oppinion.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
The submission information on the CCLP1 website is dated to mid-January but it looks to contain quite a few sets by a decent number of different people. Harder to tell how many levels there are. But I figure there would be 140~ good levels in there. I'm more interested in the variety argument, since there are a good bit fewer different authors there than compared to CCLP3.

I figured that when the announcement for CCLP1 came out that a bunch of old folk who are not active here or on the newsgroup would come out of the woodwork with submissions. Has that come to pass? Can we expect there to be much more to offer in March than there is now? Would keeping the period open for months longer change this? I don't know because I have never seen this process before.

It can only get to be a better set by taking more submissions, but more sets to vote on means more time needed to sort through them for compatibility, busts, and voting, and a longer wait for the members of the community who have invested the time to produce levelsets for it to see the fruit of the collective effort, etc. There's an interest for people to not feel like they're sitting around waiting needlessly.
Quote:I don't think we're there yet, I would have pushed for submissions to end at the end of April, but that's just my oppinion.

I don't think it changes that much for a month, but that's much more reasonable than what CCLP3-mode guys want: Years.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Yea. Remember, CCLP3 submissions went on so long because the group that was on it first dropped it and forgot about it, or stopped caring, or whatever.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
...but that's obviously not happening in this case. I doubt Dave will let this project go into a slump. Teeth

And re: the laziness argument, all I can say is that people have lives outside of CC, and at the risk of turning into a cliche-spouting autotron, creativity's not something you can just turn on at will.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.