This is what cold means.
Quote:Here's my good opportunity to rant about how Fahrenheit bases it's absolute 0 point not at 0. It makes no sense - the lack of temperature entirely should be expressed as 0 and not a negative number. It makes me LOL at how such situations can happen in real life because we've all gotten used to such a system - at least Celcius bases it's 0 point at something that makes much more sense.

Indeed. Celcius makes sense. As far as absolute zero goes, there's kelvin for that - unfortunately kelvin makes important marks like the freezing point of water very arbitrary.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
...well, Fahrenheit has its advantages too. It's more precise, and though it may just be a happy coincidence, Fahrenheit temperatures actually tend to accord more to a 0-100 scale (with a handful of exceptions). It's easier to think of a 98 (F) degree day as "hot" than it is to think of a 27 © day.

It's all what you're used to, though...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Everywhere in England uses Celcius. When I went to Florida on holiday, it was the coldest recorded temperature there and we couldn't go to the beach or do much because it was always raining. We didn't pack any warm clothes and only wore shorts for the whole time, so we were freezing cold there, which sucked. Thumbs down
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Everywhere in England uses Celcius. When I went to Florida on holiday, it was the coldest recorded temperature there and we couldn't go to the beach or do much because it was always raining. We didn't pack any warm clothes and only wore shorts for the whole time, so we were freezing cold there, which sucked. [Image: %28N%29.gif]

Everywhere in the States except Hawaii gets cold snaps like that sometimes. You learned that for the future, though.

However, on rare occasion almost anywhere can get super cold (for that area). Honolulu has a record low of 11c despite average highs being 27c to 32c all year.
Below -30C in Quebec is rare-ish, but still happens couple times every winter. Yeah, we're used to cold temperatures.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Below -30C in Quebec is rare-ish, but still happens couple times every winter. Yeah, we're used to cold temperatures.

Well, here it's either cold with snow, extreme cold without snow (funny how that works?), extremely humid and/or hot with violent storms. A few weeks a year it's comfortable, but those are in the minority.

Or maybe I'm just too picky.

We should make a general "weather thread".
Living in the upper midwest is insane in terms of weather. You'd think when I left Minnesota I'd move south, not to Michigan.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
[Image: irony.png]

oh the irony.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Hahaha!
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Yes, I know I'm HOT.

Plankton
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan