Chucks Challenge
Quote:Alright, I gave it a shot, and I uploaded one of my levels to Chuck's Challenge.

Level ID is 895.

It's one of my more favorite levels that I've made Slight smile

One thing I discovered by accident while making my own levels is that when Woop steps onto a force floor, he's allowed to make a voluntary move immediately, unlike Chip. This means it takes two spaces of force floor, and not one, to create a one-way. In particular, the force-floor-proof item can be skipped.

Chipsters who are trying to create bust-free Chuck's Challenge levels, beware!
This is one of my least favorite parts of the game. Another odd behavior is that when I used the "pink ball" monster (I forget the name) to press a clone button every other move, the cloner spat out monsters rather arbitrarily.
Quote:One thing I discovered by accident while making my own levels is that when Woop steps onto a force floor, he's allowed to make a voluntary move immediately, unlike Chip. This means it takes two spaces of force floor, and not one, to create a one-way. In particular, the force-floor-proof item can be skipped.

Chipsters who are trying to create bust-free Chuck's Challenge levels, beware!

Oh really? I didn't know that, even when testing levels I made earlier last year :/

I guess I need to update it then or something... If I can.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Anybody here have any clue how the camera-panning gesture (alluded to in A5) actually works? On the iPad, if I slide my fingers in the right way, such that one goes off the top edge of the screen, and then lift the other finger off, I can then use a single finger to scroll around the map with complete freedom (until I hit the screen with two fingers again). If I fail at performing this complicated gesture, camera mode only lasts as long as I have two fingers on the screen, which means I don't have the absolute complete freedom that the videos here seem to be advertising. I can't achieve anything remotely similar on the iPhone, either. >.<
I've always just used two fingers. Sadly, I have only an iPhone, so I have to press the screen multiple times to move around a large map.
Quote:I've always just used two fingers. Sadly, I have only an iPhone, so I have to press the screen multiple times to move around a large map.

That's what I've been attempting, but the moment at most one finger is on the screen, I'm returned to regular play, which means I can't press the screen multiple times to move the camera a large distance. . . :[
Quote:Sadly, I have only an iPhone

Oh, the first world problems! Wink
I don't even have an iPhone! Talk about living in squalor in the US of A. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I probably should have mentioned this several days ago, but my aforementioned level Kinda Sorta Quick was made the weekly puzzle this week. It's gotten several hundred hits as a result. Nice. Tongue It's great to be jblewis's successor in some fashion or another.
That's not saying much, considering I uploaded levels for only one week. Tongue Try besting Andrea Hawksley, who's been the designer of the level of the week countless times.