"Busy" levels
Quote:Man, if only the map weren't restricted to 32 x 32 squares...

There's a question; would it be violating the spirit of CC if the map was expanded to, say, 40 x 40?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I would gladly accept more space, it would allow massive islands or beaches (NOT insanely long puzzles).
128x128 maps would certainly be excessive (16x larger) although I know I'd have fun with them. 96x96 maps may still be too large (9x larger), but 64x64 maps may be good.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I'd totally go for 128x128 maps, as long as the game also had checkpoints. I could make a huge 32x32 island in the middle and then one would have to swim with the gliders to get to another near the edge (but still surrounded in water), maybe with some items or the exit on it.
Quote:I'm going the other way around. I want to make at least one level saturated enough that I'll be satisfied with its looks, which isn't the case right now, Unicorn Rabbit being the closest I've ever been to that objective.

Is it called that because the map looks like a Unicorn and a Rabbit? Confused
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Nope, not at all.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
The only issue I have with increasing the map size by any number is the potential for abuse. Can you imagine a level like "Chchchchchchchips II" from Jacques.dat on a 128x128 map? Wink
It could go the other way around, e.g. can you imagine the frog level on a 128x128 scale? Or Warehouse II?

No way.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I don't think anyone would vote for a 128x128 block pushing level, or chip gathering level. I know I wouldn't. I wouldn't vote for a 128x128 level of almost anything. No one says you have to utilize all that space - in fact, it'd be better not to.

We'd also need a greater number of trap and clone connections.

But, 64x64 gives us substantially(x4) more room then we have now and is more reasonable in size.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:It could go the other way around, e.g. can you imagine the frog level on a 128x128 scale?

"the frog level"? Which one? Jaywalker? Teeth

Oh wait, surely you weren't referring to... Tongue

- Madhav.