Chip's Challenge's appeal
So most of us at the moment are hooked at Chip's Challenge because we are on this site, right? But is there a time where you just want to relax and have like a half - one year gap between making and playing Chip's Challenge levels to do other things? I had a stop-gap last year but then all of a sudden my interest in Chip's Challenge came back! What do you guys think?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I think that's the case for most interests; they come, go, and are revived in phases at times. Slight smile I've alternated between playing competitively and designing levels for CC quite a few times.
I've had this quite a few times in my life. Mid-2009 to 2010 was an example, when I'd finished all my old sets and planned on making more but didn't care to do so, because I'd just upgraded to a 64-bit computer which wouldn't run MS Chips. I'm thankful I stopped making such bad levels and actually became a bit more mature with it. CCLP3 was what re-invigorated my interest majorly and got me going again with Tile World and Lynx.
I kind of didn't really care until I found out about CCLP3. I was into downloading that, and then it came out, and I downloaded it, and never really played it until March, when I really got back into it.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I go through spells where I forget about it for years. Now that I'm a grown-up (cough), I tend to only play when I have *lots* of free time. That said, having a community helps; it's easier to stay interested and focused on something (be it a band or a game) when you're talking about it on a regular basis with other people. Slight smile
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
It all coincided with the time I decided to begin LPing, had I never found out about the community else.

I was sitting at the table, and got this idea: Y'know what? I haven't played this game for ages! I should get it back. *herp derp*

Then it all began.

And yeah, it's about a gap in interests, but for me it's more about time you can spend and time you actually spend into it. Which is sadly decreasing with CCLP3. (totally ironic that my level ranking ATM is SLO MO. Oh man, coincidences)
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I was on a big hiatus after TCCLP was finished...

Then I got good at making levels Tongue
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Well my interest waxed and waned until I discovered the yahoo group -- which led to making levels and trying to get them in CCLP3. Now I'm hooked like I'm on crack.

Anyway, some stuff does come and go. For example, last week I pulled out my SNES and played SMW for two hours. What's up with that?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Well my interest waxed and waned until I discovered the yahoo group -- which led to making levels and trying to get them in CCLP3. Now I'm hooked like I'm on crack.

Anyway, some stuff does come and go. For example, last week I pulled out my SNES and played SMW for two hours. What's up with that?

I actually hate Super Mario World now. If you create and play enough romhacks (i.e. the custom sets of SMW), you realize how bland it is (Rock might agree with this). Thankfully, the same hasn't happened with CC and I by playing custom sets Thumbs up
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:So most of us at the moment are hooked at Chip's Challenge because we are on this site, right?

I think it's the other way around. Wink